• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Desktop version for Acrobat Pro not available for Windows 11?

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My new computer from work came with Windows 11.  Big part of my job is working with PDF's, which I can not do anymore on a 100% cloud base version.  I need my files and ability to work "locally".  I need to be able to work off line in remote areas, with poor or no internet access.  

Is there a way to save my cloud files to my local drive?  I haven't been to figure that part out.

My only problem with my new computer is Acrobat.  Any solutions, idea's?  Competing product recommendations?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Is there a way to save my cloud files to my local drive? "

Open the files in Adobe Acrobat and save them on the local disc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @defaultranksi1ogc0r 

Hope you are doing good. 

My new computer from work came with Windows 11.  Big part of my job is working with PDF's, which I can not do anymore on a 100% cloud base version.  I need my files and ability to work "locally".  I need to be able to work off line in remote areas, with poor or no internet access.  

Acrobat DC is a cloud-based version, but you do not need to be required internet connectivity all the time just to access it. All you need to do is Sign In to the application with your Adobe credential once

However, to access the Document Cloud files, you must need internet accessibility. In that case, as suggested by the expert, you can simply save all your Document Cloud files to local storage. 

For that, locate Adobe Cloud Storage> select the file from the list> Download

AkanchhaS_0-1664555763506.png

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Acrobat DC is a cloud-based version

This is a confusing statement. Acrobat DC is NOT a cloud-based application. It runs completely off the local computer. The only thing cloud-based about it is the license model (which requires you to be connected to the internet, at least from time to time, to verify the subscription), and some cloud-based storage services.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I appreciate your time and help.

Can you help me understand is better?

1. Is there a difference between Acrobat Pro and Acrobat Pro DC?

I am part of a Acrobat Team Account. Acrobat Pro is part of our premium apps. When I launch Adobe Cloud (when online), I can launch the web app. When the app is open, I have access to a button "Get Acrobat DC Desktop". During the download/install process, I get a message that says the app is not available for my device. I do not have any Adobe apps installed on my local drive. When I am offline, I do not have the ability to edit and work with PDF files. Of course, I cannot launch Adobe Cloud when I'm offline.

1. Is this because I have windows 11 or a restriction of my/our account?

When I access this same account from a Windows 10 machine, no problems. Works just like I am used too... Online, or offline.

I also have a personal license for Acrobat Pro DC that I cannot get running on my Windows 11 machine.

1. Do I need to uninstall it from my Windows 10 machine first? Can a license be used on more than one device?

This is why I characterized Acrobat Pro is a web based only app, from a windows 11 machine.

1. Is this situation unique to me and my windows 11 machine, or all windows 11 users?

Again, Thank you for your time and help.

Thank you,

[cid:image001.jpg@01D8D66B.188C6B10]
Chuck Keenan
Field Engineering Technician
CBS Field Services
C: [signature_1613108750] 253.350.1955
E: CKeenan@GroupCBS.com
[cid:image003.jpg@01D8D66B.188C6B10]<> [cid:image004.jpg@01D8D66B.188C6B10] <> [http://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/184235/dev_images/signature_app/facebook_sig.png] <> [http://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/184235/dev_images/signature_app/twitter_sig.png] <> [http://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/184235/dev_images/signature_app/linkedin_sig.png] <> [cid:image008.png@01D8D66B.188C6B10] <>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines