• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disable tabs in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2015 Oct 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I disable tabs in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC? (version2015.009.20069)

I would like to have all PDF open in a separate instance as was the standard before the latest version update.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi D.Cheke,

You can turn off tabbed browsing in the General preferences. After you select the tabbed browsing option, make sure to restart Acrobat.

Best,

Sara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi D.Cheke,

You can turn off tabbed browsing in the General preferences. After you select the tabbed browsing option, make sure to restart Acrobat.

Best,

Sara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sara,

I guess I didn't read so well when I went through those options earlier today. Your response it very much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2016 Apr 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where is the general preference options? can't locate those anywhere -

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sara,

I do not see anything in Preferences > General that relates to tabbed browsing.

Please see the attached screenshot.

Nothing about tabbed browsing is in the Documents or Page Display categories either.

Can you tell me where I might find that setting?

I have also attached a screenshot of the About box to give you my version data.

I'm on a Late-2012 iMac running macOS Sierra Version 10.12.

Thanks for your help.

Screen Shot 2016-10-20 at 10.55.49 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-10-20 at 10.59.11 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither do I, cannot find the tabbed browsing option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find that the option to "Open documents as new tabs..." is only an option under Acrobat Reader DC. This preference is not available in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question was about how to DISABLE tabs not ENABLE them. You can however enable them the same way - but only if you have the SUBSCRIPTION version rather than the old frozen permanent license version that is getting older and older.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enable/Disable. Sure. What ever the user wants to do...

Acrobat Reader DC has the tab option

Acrobat Pro DC Subscription has the tab option

Acrobat Pro DC Permanent does NOT have the tab option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat Pro DC on my PC and tabs work fine.

Today I downloaded and installed same on macbook pro - and no tabs.

It seems to be dated 2015 - is that the latest version for mac OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2017 version which isnt older and older. Some ppl dont want to pay every month forever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly. In fact, Acrobat DC and Reader DC did not have this when first released. It was added to Reader and the subscription version in an upgrade; but the permanent version doesn't have free upgrades.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kind of a shame for those of us that need the only competent PDF editor available on the market, but can't justify a subscription. At least I had education pricing available to me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By including the tab view option in the free Acrobat Reader as well as the subscription version of Acrobat DC, Adobe is insulting those of us who chose to buy the permanently licensed version of Acrobat DC. This is just plain predatory behavior on Adobe's part. If Adobe had any sense of decency it would add the tabbed view option to the licensed version of Acrobat DC now. Adobe has issued a number of updates to the licensed version since it made tabbed view available to subscriptions and to the free Reader. It is an insult and incredible sign of disrespect that Adobe won't include this feature in the licensed version while it's giving it away free in the Reader version. I realize the company wants to shift us to the much more expensive subscription service, but how greedy does management have to be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure of your point. The 2017 version, a paid upgrade, has tabs. It caught up and will now fall behind until the next paid upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it has tabs. The question is how to turn OFF the tabs, not how to enable them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it is not the latest. From what page did you download it? Do you have a subscription, or a permanent license?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The download came from a link provided by on-line "chat" Adobe support

person.

It came from this page

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-downloads.html

(I have a subscription and he said that works for two devices.)

Micah Stolowitz

On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 1:00 PM, Test Screen Name <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This all sounds good except the 2015 part! Now, Acrobat auto updates so please let us know the exact version you see now... something like 2016.133.40054. It is also possible that you downloaded an older and non-updating software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help on this. Can you view this screen shot?

Micah Stolowitz

On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 1:59 PM, Test Screen Name <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, unfortunately you can’t email screen shots. The forum removes them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"2015 Release (Classic) | Version 2015.006.30417"

Micah Stolowitz

On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 7:33 AM, Test Screen Name <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that explains it. Unfortunately the link you've been sent Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC | Non-subscription  is for "non-subscription downloads" for some reason. That's not very helpful, because you have naturally downloaded an old version without the tabs features (people who paid for the permanent version Acrobat 2015 don't get them ever).

There is a link on that page for the subscription downloads, which will take you here Download and install Acrobat DC subscription . This should work better for you, but be sure to fully uninstall the old one first. You should find an uninstall app in the Applications folder for Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Adobe Acrobat Pro DC:

go to: EDIT->PREFERENCES->GENERAL - then uncheck "Open Documents as new tabs in the same window (requires relaunch", then close and reopen Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS DOESN'T F*****G WORK.  I HATE ADOBE. WHY CAN'T I GET RID OF THESE DAMN TABS. I JUST WANT THE DOCUEMNT TO OPEN WITHOUT TABS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines