• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disabling SaveAs and Send File

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to disable the functions saveas and send file. I do not want to change every single document (if that is even possible). In other words this installation of Acrobat should never be able to save(as) or send file.

Are there registry settings or files that can be manipulated to achieve this or is there another way?

I really hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can hide those menu items if you can install a script file on the local machine, but this won't stop the user from saving the file via Ctrl+S, for example. Also, in order to view a PDF file it must first be saved on the local machine, which also means it can be sent by attaching it to an email, so I don't really see the point of doing it. But you really want to then create a .js file in the application's JavaScripts folder with the following code:

app.hideMenuItem("Save");
app.hideMenuItem("SaveAs");
app.hideMenuItem("Email");

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this is exactly what I need! A bit unfortunate that Ctrl+S is not deactivated as well.

The reason it works is that the application runs in a citrix environment where the user does not have access to the desktop which means that we can download the pdf that is to be shown without the user being able to access it.

Where can I find a list of the menu items? We may need to close down even more functionality, the only thing the users really need to do is to be able to open pdfs and read them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can list them all using the listMenuItems method of the app object. See the API Reference for a sample script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines