Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a lifetime license for Master Collection

adobe accessed my computer illegally and stopped this product from working

I cant get support directly anymore

how can I fix my issue

Distiller stopped working and is asking for a subscription

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , PDF , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2024 Jul 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last Master Collection was CS6 released in 2012. Adobe stopped supporting most of CS6 in 2014 (depending on where you bought it (the country) and support of Acrobat Pro XI ceased in 2017.

If you updated your computer or your operating system such that it cannot support the Master Collection, there's nothing that Adobe can do. No software on earth is supported for all current and future machines and operating systems forever. It doesn't exist nor can it.

Also, for the record, Adobe does not go into your computer at night and turn things on or off. Even if they wanted to, your computer shouldn't let them and if your computer did let them, than the issue is your computer and the operating system, not Adobe.

I do hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2024 Jul 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

look, thanks for answering but really, I havent updated the OS or the computer. Adobe does run checks in the background, I didnt say this as some stupid person and  I say this as someone who builds computers, is a programmer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the following several times (not in this order) since the problem occured

• run the Acrobat Cleaner tool
  • run CCleaner to delete registry data, etc
  • remove Acrobat and reinstalled

All other producs in CS6 are working

It is a common issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if I seemed like I was ignoring your issue, but when you stated that Adobe illegally accessed your computer, it seemed like you were missing the point of what happens when there are "check-ins" for Adobe to make sure that you are the person who bought a license. That is NOT illegal and if you read your license, they let you know that those events will take place.

But, since you have not updated your computer or your OS, please do contact Adobe and let them know that they need to release Distiller, back to you. However, be aware that this forum is moderated by volunteers who do not work for Adobe. We answer questions for folks having issues on how to do things in the Applications. We cannot help in any manner licencing or subscription issues.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks

there is no Adobe support in australia that will handle this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines