• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Draw a box on a fillable form

Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a lot of data on my form. In order to make the form more readable, I would like to draw a box around some of the text and the fillable fields. The box would include both text and fillable fields.

Any thoughts?

Jack

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Exactly. The Word to PDF feature is nice but limited.

What I wound up doing is using the "Comment" option under "More Tools". It did what I want, but I now have to use three functions to get things done. Prepare Form, Edit PDF and Comment.

I don't mind using three functions but they don't interact well. Moving things on the form can be a real challenge since not all elements move at the same time using the same function.

In any case, this solves my problem..

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jack,

Assuming you have DC Pro, maybe export (the .pdf) to a Word format, add the relevant boxed shape(s) around the text/data fields, then re-save as a .pdf and copy over the fields etc. from the 'old' form to this newly created .pdf.

😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the Square commenting tool and set it as locked, so it can't be moved around by accident. Make sure it doesn't overlap with your fields, though, or it would prevent the user from interacting with them.

The best solution is to add it to the original file, though, and then use the Replace Pages command to insert the new layout over the old one, which will keep all the fields you already added in tact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the Square commenting tool and… flatten it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would remove all the fields, though...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly. The Word to PDF feature is nice but limited.

What I wound up doing is using the "Comment" option under "More Tools". It did what I want, but I now have to use three functions to get things done. Prepare Form, Edit PDF and Comment.

I don't mind using three functions but they don't interact well. Moving things on the form can be a real challenge since not all elements move at the same time using the same function.

In any case, this solves my problem..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"That would remove all the fields, though..."

Not necessarily, you have to use the appropriate tool:

https://www.uvsar.com/projects/acrobat/flattener/

😉

flattener_405x385

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines