• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicated text when copied/pasted...

Participant ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a client that sends me pdfs with edited text, which I want to copy and paste into new documents, but the text is massively duplicated

In an example today, the client sent back a pdf with three lines of text, when I copy and paste I get this:

1/4” thick x high 8’ 1/4” thick x high 8’ 1/4” thick x high 8’ 1/4” thick x high 8’ 1/4” thick x high 8’ 1/4” thick x high 8’ 1/4” thick x high 8’ 1/4” thick x high 8’ 1/4” thick x high 8’ 1/4” thick x high 8’ 1/4” thick x high 8’ 1/4” thick x high 8’ 1/4” thick x high 8’ 1/4” thick x high 8’ -0” long 0” long 0” long 0” long (2 (2 (2 lb 12 oz)12 oz)12 oz)12 oz)12 oz)

1/4” thick x 3” long toe 1/4” thick x 3” long toe 1/4” thick x 3” long toe 1/4” thick x 3” long toe 1/4” thick x 3” long toe 1/4” thick x 3” long toe 1/4” thick x 3” long toe 1/4” thick x 3” long toe 1/4” thick x 3” long toe 1/4” thick x 3” long toe 1/4” thick x 3” long toe 1/4” thick x 3” long toe

Grooved back with vertical semi Grooved back with vertical semi Grooved back with vertical semiGrooved back with vertical semi Grooved back with vertical semiGrooved back with vertical semiGrooved back with vertical semi Grooved back with vertical semiGrooved back with vertical semiGrooved back with vertical semi Grooved back with vertical semiGrooved back with vertical semiGrooved back with vertical semiGrooved back with vertical semi Grooved back with vertical semiGrooved back with vertical semi Grooved back with vertical semi Grooved back with vertical semi -circular ventscircular vents circular ventscircular ventscircular vents circular ventscircular vents circular ventscircular

Instead of:

1/4” thick x 4” high x 8’-0” long (2 lb12 oz)

1/4” thick x 3” long toe

Grooved back with vertical semi-circular vents

Mac os x 10.13, Acrobat Pro DC. I've tried resaving the pdf to older versions, no luck. It's adding 30 minutes of work every day (

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a fault of how the file was created. Do you know what process they used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've asked, but the guy is older and can't really tell me much. He says he opens the file in acrobat and ADS TEXT. Obviously he's not typing it like what I get it out of it, so acrobat is saving the text internally in some strange way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried clearing the contents of the clipboard using the method described below:

Using Terminal to Completely Clear the Clipboard

Step 1

Click any empty space on the desktop to access Finder. Click the "Edit" menu and select "Show Clipboard." The Clipboard window opens, displaying the contents of the clipboard.

Step 2

Launch Terminal, which is located in the "Utilities" folder inside the "Applications" folder.

Step 3

Type or paste "pbcopy < /dev/null" in the Terminal window and press "Enter." This clears the clipboard. If you look at the Clipboard window, it is now empty.

found here : https://yourbusiness.azcentral.com/delete-text-mac-clipboard-23087.html

To complement Try67 question with another insight,  if you can find which program generated the original document like MS Word, for example, OR, was it created entirely in Adobe Acrobat using a blank template?

It is common in MS Word and othe MS Office applications to cause this problem if the program that was used to create the file had customizations or templates in it.

In the following link you will find a solution for a Miscrosoft Windows scenario but I think it may prove a point to your case (if this is the actual problem, of course)

Word 2010 keeps pasting duplicates 2 or 3 times in a table. When one - Microsoft Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us.

Is it happening for all files?

If not, please share(if possible) the bug or similar sample file.

You can use Acrobat Share functionality for sharing the file.Refer Share files online with Adobe Acrobat  for more details on anonymous or public link.

Regards,

Gaurav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines