• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicating a signature field

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to duplicate a signature field so that when a signature is entered at the beginning of my document it automatically populates in signature fields throughout the document.  I've tried to copy the field throughout the doc, which works fine for other field types, but it doesn't seem to work with a signature field.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible. Digital signatures apply to the entire file as a whole.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so they have to actually enter their signature on each section of the document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The opposite. They only have to enter it once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The whole document is the entire PDF. Only one valid digital certificate signature per PDF. You might create more than one signature field but each field would need a unique name and one would have to make sure the other signature fields are not locked. Then each field could be signed, but only the last one would indicate a valid digital signature. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My pdf includes several different forms that I’ve included in one pdf so the user only has to open one document. But because each form gets filed in a different spot I want them to sign off on each one. Any better suggestions on how I might structure the form to best accomplish this would be greatly accepted. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines