• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic Stamp java script only runs if stamp file is open behind document trying to use the stamp

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am rather new to creating Dynamic stamps. They have come in handy for our courtstaff and stamping documents. The recent challenge I have is creating a stamp that has app.response for date, which works great, but I also want to have a feature to do some kind of drop down or radio button selection to input a location into the stamp from 3 choices. I had a test blank pdf open and the stamp file open as well to make changes, save and test. turns out the script i used works great for what i need but only if i have the stamp file open behind whatever document i'm stamping. Please help, i need the script to work with the stamp alone, without having it open in the back ground.

this is the script i have:

if ((event.source.forReal)&&(event.source.stampName == "#NoComp"))
{
this.getField("Clerk").value = identity.name;
this.getField("Date").value = app.response("Enter Date:");
var cRtn = app.popUpMenu(["Select Court Branch","SAN LUIS OBISPO BRANCH","PASO ROBLES BRANCH","GROVER BRANCH"]);
if (cRtn) this.getField("Location").value = cRtn;
}

TOPICS
JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is the file you have to place in the Stamps folder.
Then you will find it in your stamps and you will be able to fill in it via a dialog box.
@+
Capture_d’écran_2021-06-24_à_18_19_28.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines