• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing in Acrobat Reader Pro DC Extremely slow

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought Reader Pro to be able to edit pdf's. Unfortunaly editing is extremely slow so it becomes unusable.

If I type, the letters appear many seconds later in the text and somtimes the text completely dissapears for more than over 20 seconds. This not how a professional program should work, espacially if you pay a mothly fee for it.

Another problem I have: New fonts are uploaded but some of them are not visual as if they were not installed.

Any solutions please?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no such thing as Reader Pro. Do you mean Acrobat Pro? If so, then you should be aware that although it is a PDF editor, PDF files were not meant to be edited extensively in such a way, and doing so is always going to be tricky and even risky. It can easily go wrong and should be avoided, if possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2024 Apr 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so what is the solution to being able to edit existing pdf's easily?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The easiest way (and the cleanest way) is to go back to the source (Word, InDesign, Illustrator, etc) and to correct or edit there. Acrobat editing features are great, and they work great (compared to earlier versions of the software), but you are always editing a digital print only. Acrobat is not a text processor.

(BTW: the OPs problem is what I experience, when I try to work on a weak machine. Fonts are a matter of having the correct font installed on your computer. If you have problems with fonts, it is very often that the original creator did use an “exotic” font or the creation program did a bad job or both)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought Reader Pro to be able to edit pdf's.

By @Mr_DJ_Blue

Just to clarify...

Acrobat Reader is a free program. That's all it does: read, and let you view PDFs, fill in form fields, make comments, print...but not edit.

Acrobat DC Pro is a paid program, and allows you to edit PDFs. This appears to be what you purchased.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that terminology is set...

If you need to do extensive editing you have three choices: 1) continue to battle away as you are doing (not recommended for many many reasons). 2) get access to the original document and work in it in the original application. (this is not always possible, also for many many reasons). Or 3) export the document into a Word document, do all your editing, and convert it back to a PDF when done. (alas, this also has issues if there are extensive formating that is difficult to recreate in Word.

I wish there was an easy answer but alas, there is not.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working in the originals files. We're doing a translation for a bordgame company. Others tried the method with word but that also gives problems. I've read in a other blog that problem can lay in former installation of Acrobat. I Should delete Acrobat run Acrobat cleaner en reïnstall the program. But it can come with some risks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original file should NOT be a PDF. Thje original file should be made in Word or InDesign or whatever. On no account should you have the position of needing to edit a PDF to make a translation: that can only follow if very bad decisions were made. They often are. Reinstalling is unlikely to help with this terrible task.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You wright! The original file is made with Affinity publisher apparently. But for our translators was Acrobat the only solution, cause non of us have experience with Affinity. As I understand here, is it not a usual way to work like this. But it is all we can do. No time to learn affinity. So we will struggle further. Thanks any way for your support guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think learning how to use Affinity will be a much more effective use of your time than trying to edit a PDF. Honestly.  At least it will try to keep the layout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lessons learned for next time. I'll get into Affinty!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are fan-made translaters no pro's if you would have quest! 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. And I agree with you, it is quite ridiculous that it is so difficult to edit a pdf file when you pay for the program. You would think by now they would have an easy edit solution for existing pdf's you have created where it is stable and user friendly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines