• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Email Icon Missing from toolbar with new release

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the update to the newest version earlier this month I am unable to email directly from the toolbar and must once again run through the right panel (which is 3 extra steps) to email a document.  Please update the "fix" what was working before.  Many of us like the efficiency of emailing directly from the toolbar.

Here is the link to the fix that previously worked:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/send-email-attachment.html

Thank you,

Stacie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

The only work around I can see for this is going back to Adobe Classic View:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/acrobat-2023-how-to-revert-to-classic-gui-user-interface/m-p/14052807#M426838

Email Icon will be present in the same area.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Stacie,

Thanks for reaching out. 

Please confirm the exact verion of Acrobat and OS you are working on? Open Acrobat>Help>About Acrobat

Note: We are aware about of this issue and has been reported to the team. They are currently working on the fix.

We do appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha,

I am on Windows 10, 64 bit and I am on the newest build of Acrobat Pro DC.  Thank you for your reply.

Stacie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat DC and Reader DC official update (19.021.20049) containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update early by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/release-notes-acrobat-reader.html

Please try it out and let us know your feedback!

Thanks for your patience and support!

Rohit Anand

(Acrobat Desktop Team)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

I can confirm that it again works as designed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for taking out time and sharing update.

-Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't work - the video shows all of the steps I don't want to have to make.  The current version now has two buttons on the toolbar that do exactly the same thing and require multiple steps to perform.  If you hold your mouse over each icon they both say 'share file for viewing or commenting and track changes".  If that's what I want to do I would select the SHARE button.  When I want to simply send the file in an email, the Email icon should attach it directly to an email message for sending.  I want that icon back that has been a standard option for YEARS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only work around I can see for this is going back to Adobe Classic View:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/acrobat-2023-how-to-revert-to-classic-gui-user-in...

Email Icon will be present in the same area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why the ***? Please put back the mail icon so we can attach pdf's directly as attachments to our mails. I don't like Adobe preventing us from using their expensive apps without intervention of their own cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines