• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embed .kml or .kmz into interactive pdf

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to take a detailed kml file that I created in Google Earth and embed it into an interactive pdf. Not as a link but a working map within the pdf I'm sending out.  Is this possible and, if so, how? Thanks for any and all information.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , How to , Rich media and 3D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

No, it's not possible. KML files are just a type of XML, meaning a text file with a specific format. And KMZ files are just a zip file with a KML file in it, plus some supporting files. A browser with the right Google Earth plugin can interpret it as a map and display it as such, but a PDF file can't do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's not possible. KML files are just a type of XML, meaning a text file with a specific format. And KMZ files are just a zip file with a KML file in it, plus some supporting files. A browser with the right Google Earth plugin can interpret it as a map and display it as such, but a PDF file can't do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I'm sad but now I can stop trying 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines