• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embedding non-3D MP4 gives '3D disabled' error message

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to embed a .mp4 video from my local hard drive into a .pdf created in Acrobat DC. The process seems to go fine, but when trying to play the video from the .pdf I get the message '3D content has been disabled. Enable this feature if you trust this document'.

This is not a 3D video, it's a standard .mp4. I've tried several videos and the result is the same. 

Clicking on 'Options -> Trust this document one time only' or 'Options -> Trust this document always' makes no difference. The video won't play and I just get the error message again. 

I'd rather just embed from Vimeo the way you can in MS Word, but that seems impossible without creating a stack of new windows. Any ideas? Thanks. 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , Rich media and 3D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried a .mov file, the result is the same. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stopped embedding videos in PDF files when Adobe changed the rules for embedding video and started requiring a different plug-in. I think you will be better off having a link in the pdf and allowing it to call the video from an external source.  Anything else just bloats the pdf unnecessarily and may break in future versions. Of course, if the pdf needs to play from a source not connected to the internet, you really have no choice unless your store the video on the same server or computer that the pdf is on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mov files have not been supported in years if memory serves me correctly. Heck, even Apple no longer supports .mov files under their latest OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks – you’re right of course. Thought I’d give it a try just to see if it worked.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Playing a video in a PDF requires the Flash Player, if it's not installed Acrobat displays this silly message about 3D (don't ask me why).

To avoid problems, the best way is to embed the video file as an attachment to the PDF file and place a link on the page that will open that embedded video file with the default video player.

This works fine with Acrobat Reader and Acrobat Mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much I’ll give it a try!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines