Entry Point Not Found: Acrobat Pro DC

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to edit a scanned pdf file, I get the following error:

Acrobat.exe - Entry Point Not Found

the procedure entry point

?SetFavorTextOverLayout@COcrContextAdvancedParameters@IDRS@@QAEXH@Z could not be located in the dynamic library C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\plug_ins\PaperCapture\OCRLibraryinf.dll.

Currently Using: Acrobat Pro DC

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Help resolving this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

I'm also experiencing this problem. The error appeared when I had QuickBooks open and a PDF form open in Acrobat Standard at the same time. With the Acrobat window in focus, when I pressed any key on the keyboard this error message appeared:

Acrobat.exe - Entry Point Not Found : The procedure entry point ?FindByID@Dictionary@ACE@@SA?AV?$auto_init_ptr@VDictionary@ACE@@@@PBD@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 2021\TSheets.Engine.dll

The fonts

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

This does not happen all the time just frequently. Whether it's an Purchase Order, Invoice or Estimate doesn't matter.

PO, Invoice and Estimate are designed the same way - Arial, Arial Bold & Arial Rounded MT fotnts, nothing special they've been the same since 2010.

The forms do have our company logo and the purchase order does have a signature built in.

It's just that when I "Save As PDF" and the error pops up, frequently not always, and it will not let me save them.

I go in and rename the TSheets.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

is this happening with just one PDF or with every PDF?

What is the version number of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC that you're using?

Are you able to tell if this behavior begu  after a recent update took place in your system?

If you open the same file in another PC with a different WindowsOS this happening  does the same error manifests?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you received a useful response? 

I upgraded from Acrobat XI (no problems, always worked well) to Acrobat 2020 within the last month or two.  On several occasions, when trying to search a PDF, I have received the procedure point error.  The last time, I found a post on this site blaming an old HP OCR program.  I don't use that program regularly, so I removed it from the computer and solved that problem. 

This time the message references C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 2020\TSheets.Engine.dll.  I can't remove QuickBooks. This seems like a Acrobat glitch.  What is the Adobe fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should mention that I don't have another computer to work with in solving this bug. My computer is a two-month old Dell XPS 17 on which I was unable to reinstall my Acrobat XI, forcing the new program purchase.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates on this. I have one user on our domain that is constantly getting this error. If I repair Quickbooks, it goes away. Intuit says it's Adobe, Adobe says it's Intuit. Nobody can seem do actually do anything about it. Repairing Quickbooks Desktop 2020 makes the error go away for a day or two. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this the only user that is experiencing this issue in the entire domain?

Does that machine have the exact same operating system as all other computers in that domain and also the exact same version update of Acrobat?

Is that user account included in the same GPO for that domain ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem in one of my clients environments.  Opening PDF's they get the error referencing T.Sheets.Engine.dll

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting this issue frequentlyas well - It seems TSheets.Engine.DLL cannot handle font on some forms.

I get the problem mostly when printing/creating a PDF document from Quickbooks Pro Desktop.

This error has never happened until TSheets begame a thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe the font types that were used in older versions of Quickbooks Pro were free, and now in the newer version they may have copyright restrictions.

Would you mind sharing which are the font types that  are  identified in the forms that trigger this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also experiencing this problem. The error appeared when I had QuickBooks open and a PDF form open in Acrobat Standard at the same time. With the Acrobat window in focus, when I pressed any key on the keyboard this error message appeared:

Acrobat.exe - Entry Point Not Found : The procedure entry point ?FindByID@Dictionary@ACE@@SA?AV?$auto_init_ptr@VDictionary@ACE@@@@PBD@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 2021\TSheets.Engine.dll

The fonts in the PDF document were as follows:

• Helvetica
  • Helvetica-Bold
  • HiddenHorzOCR (Embedded)
  • Times-Bold
  • Times-BoldItalic
  • Times-Roman

However, when I closed QuickBooks and re-opened it, the error did not come back. So I'm assuming the conflicting DLL was unloaded when closing QuickBooks. I'm not sure what part of QuickBooks causes the DLL to be reloaded. Or maybe is reloads it upon opening, it's just the order that the DLL is loaded causes the error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not happen all the time just frequently. Whether it's an Purchase Order, Invoice or Estimate doesn't matter.

PO, Invoice and Estimate are designed the same way - Arial, Arial Bold & Arial Rounded MT fotnts, nothing special they've been the same since 2010.

The forms do have our company logo and the purchase order does have a signature built in.

It's just that when I "Save As PDF" and the error pops up, frequently not always, and it will not let me save them.

I go in and rename the TSheets.Engine.dll to ".old" and everything works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. At least I know the work around now. Close Quickbooks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was experincing this issue as well and used Quickbooks Tool Hub, Program Diagnostic Tool. It repaired the errors between Quickbooks and Adobe and now I can have both open at the same time.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I tried this and it worked. I think I tried this a few months ago but maybe didn't restart my computer - well anyway thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So glad it worked!!!

Thank you,

Heather Davidson

Office Manager

Oahe Glass Inc

(personal contact information removed)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also fixed the issue my staff was experiencing, thank you for the guideline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Juan Miguel,

Could you share your solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to follow your advise that change ".dll" to ".old" it doen't and quickbook can't open. Could you detail for your solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issues - Entry Point Error due to TSheets.Engine.dll load sequence with Quickbooks use of the TSheets.Engine.dll

C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 2021\TSheets.Engine.dll

If Adobe is not loaded first before starting Quickbooks then all the Adobe Acrobat DC overlay input fields when the user starts typing and error "Entry Point is issued to the user." 

Running Windows 11 Pro 

QB Enterprise Edition 23.0

Current running version of Acrobat.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This also happens when having the Quickbooks login prompt window open without having logged in (Quickbooks is so slow to load that I try to do something else in the meantime).... Upon logging in to Quickbooks this error goes away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines