• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error - Bad PDF

Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2024 Feb 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to "Prepare a Form" on a PDF workbook I have made in Canva. I have done this dozens of times, but just today, I am getting an error "Bad PDF; could not read page structure. [3]"

My goal is to create a workbook that is fillable. Again, I have done this many times before in the exact same way and never had an issue. I went into my previously downloaded files and tested one of those, and they worked fine. Is there a possibility this is an issue on Canva's end?

Does anyone have suggestions?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a possibility this is an issue on Canva's end?

By @Deanna26683769jhtd

Yes! Sure.  Canva is not exactly an Adobe product, so check with Canva first.

It may be possible to “print” it to a PDF printer, if you can get it to open in a reader of your choice. That could fix the bad structure issue.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Abambo ,

Interestingly, the file will open, and I can manually add text boxes; it just takes much longer than it normally does. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I do not have your file, I can't comment on that. The missing page structure may be the problem.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try saving your pdf as PDX/X-1a, sometimes that fixes minor issues. File> Save as other> Press-ready PDF> Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Luke, a good suggestion, but no luck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the fonts embedded? (File> Document properties> Fonts), all listed fonts should say embedded or embedded subset. If they are not, run a preflight profile to embed them. If that doesn't help, make a copy of your pdf, save as an optimized pdf, selecting all of the discard and clean up options. Lastly, if you have InDesign, place your pdf into a new InDesign file and export to a new pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am experiencing the exact same thing - I have made dozens of PDF's in canva & then made them into fillable workbooks using Adobe 'Prepare a Form,' now all of a sudden I'm getting a pop-up of 'Bad PDF; could not read page structure [1].'

Does anyone have any other suggestions or ideas on how to fix this? Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
6 hours ago 6 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am also having this exact same issue with Canva. Have used this service many times and also get the 'Bad PDF; could not read page structure. [1]' error message. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines