• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error by percentage drop down list when requesting e-signatures

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to solve an error caused by a drop down list when I request e-signatures. It is a list of percentages for the user to choose for a pension contribution (between 5% and 18%). I don't know what's wrong because Acrobat doesn't highlight the error in red, unlike the other errors I fixed earlier. I've been working around it by not using drop downs, but I need a drop down in this case.

The form works great for the calclulations, but I can't send for signatures. Screen shot attached.

Thanks,

Sean

Screenshot (1).png

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

I solved it myself by not using the percentage format for the number. The user types in a whole number and I have a % sign beside it as text so it appears as 9%. I then do the calculation in a hidden field to get the percentage I need (9÷100) and go from there. It appears the form does not like the percentage format.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2023 Sep 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Hope you are doing well. 

The screenshot shared above doesn't give much information about the error or the type of PDF form you are working with.

Also, as mentioned, the other errors in the form have been fixed, but this isn't highlighted. Is it possible for you to share the form with us for testing?

What if you remove the dropdown? Does it work as expected?

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I solved it myself by not using the percentage format for the number. The user types in a whole number and I have a % sign beside it as text so it appears as 9%. I then do the calculation in a hidden field to get the percentage I need (9÷100) and go from there. It appears the form does not like the percentage format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines