• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error during signature verification - The signature byte range is invalid - DocuSign - GlobalSign

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue where I am looking to apply GlobalSign AATL approved PDF signing certificate to a document that has already been signed via DocuSign.  After applying the GlobalSign certificate, the PDF will generate an error on the original DocuSign certificate with the following error:

Error during signature verification

Unexpected byte range values defining scope of signed data.

Details:  The signature byte range is invalid

Keep in mind that I do not have any errors with the subsequent GlobalSign AATL certificates that I have applied (see screenshots).

I am running Adobe Acrobat Pro DC version 2022.001.20142

This previously worked for me about 2 years ago but I don't know what has changed since then.  I also tried using different signing formats to see if it would make a difference, PKCS#7 and CAdES equivalent but I still get the "The signature byte range is invalid" certificate error whenever attempting to sign an already previously signed DocuSign PDF document.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How exactly do you attempt to apply GlobalSign AATL approved PDF signing certificate to a document that has already been signed via DocuSign? Are you using "Digitally Sign" of the Certificates tool in Adobe Acrobat?

Also can you share (for analysis) an example PDF already signed with DocuSign before and after applying the GlobalSign signature?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines