• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Excel chart changes size when saving as PDF

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Excel workbook that contains several charts. When I try to export to a PDF or save as a PDF, the one of the charts is always skewed in size (seems to be whichever is selected at that time, even when I select all sheets). I use Adobe Arobat Reader DC. I have read the Microsoft support about making sure you are using a PCL printer, which I am. All charts are the same DPI. I've also unchecked the "Scale content for A4 or 8.5x11 paper sizes" box in Excel. Not sure what else to try. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

See screenshots.

• 1st is an example of one of the charts in Excel
  • 2nd is how the rest of the charts look in the PDF, like they should, the correct size.
  • 3rd is the issue I'm experiencing with the first chart when exporting/saving to PDF. It essentially zooms in on the chart, cutting off the x axis, titles, units, etc. 
  • excel.PNGregchart.PNGskewedchart.PNG
TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

try the print to pdf method directly from the Microsoft application and see if the same problem manifests

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are sorry for the trouble. Can you please specify which version of Acrobat you are using? As mentioned by you, you are using Adobe Arobat Reader DC which does not support the functionality to convert Excel files to Adobe PDF. 

If you are using any other way (like Microsoft's feature to export to PDF) to convert Excel file to PDF then you may have to take this up with them.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Thanks for reporting the issue.

We tried to reproduce your issue; but as mentioned by you that you're using Adobe Acrobat Reader, which does not support PDF creation. Are you using both Adobe Reader and Adobe Acrobat or the PDF is created using any other tool?

Regards,

Swapnil Srivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did adobe ever fixed this issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For me, it works most of the time now, but not all the time - but most of the time is better than none of the time . . . I guess.   Also, sadly, I've slowly come to a place of acceptance now, realizing that pdf'ing Office 365 documents isn't a for sure thing, whereas prior to that it was absolutley trouble-free. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this same issue. I am using Excel (MS Office 2016) and Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. It happens most frequently when selecting multiple worksheets to print to Acrobat PDF, but also occurs when I only have one worksheet to print. I've found that by selecting a single worksheet, then entering Page Setup from the task bar menu, then Print Preview, and then Print that it prints correctly 9 times out of 10. But that might just be luck. Anyway...this is super frustrating and time consuming when you have 20+ worksheets that you want to print as a single file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+++Adding to the discussion,

Hey msmith_11,

Try this troubleshooting guidance :

Specifically to troubleshooting your isse, scroll down in that page to the section where it says " Try to create a PDF with the Acrobat Distiller application".

Try to rule out if this is the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with Pro DC (trying to take charts from a sheet and PDF them, but things are cut off). Was a solution ever found for this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here, pdf'ing a Microsoft Excel 365 chart with Acrobat Pro DC, the chart converts at a scale larger than the specified sheet, both Letter and Legal, so that both the right side and bottom of the chart are clipped/cut-off, i.e they're off the page.   The page print-previews correctly,     But     It     Will     Not     Convert     To     PDF     At     Correct     Scale.     It     Is     Driving     Me     Nuts.

This began about May 2021.     In our office, on two different computers using the same software.     BUT, also in our office, using Excel 365 with Acrobat Pro X Version 10.1.16 on two other different comupters, there are no issues, the same charts from the several different Excel spreadsheets always convert to pdf at correct scale.

So to me, this implies an issue with Acrobat Pro DC, beginning about May 2021.     I have checked and cross-compared Acrobat settings until my eyes fall out, but can't detect any setting differences that would be the obvious cause of the issue.

Can anybody help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines