• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

export pdf Aptos not found

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the following problem: I own Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020, for some time the problem occurs, when I want to export a pdf, then only a .log file is created. the error message is:

%%[ ProductName: Distiller ]%% Aptos not found, using Courier. %%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%% %%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %%

i need help, pls, thks a lot 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Hi @Ingrid35894374th7m 

++ Adding to the discussion

Go to Print and select the Adobe PDF as printer. Then select Printer Properties. On the Adobe PDF Settings tab, uncheck the "Rely on system fonts only; do not use document fonts" box and see if that works.

Amal_0-1713220639069.png

Let us know how it goes.

~Amal

Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get this fixed?  I tried this https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/error--when-you-create-a-postscript-file-you-must-rely-on-system.... but the issue keeps on coming back after a few days to a week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm the exact version of your operating system and software.

Also, can you clarify what you mean by Exporting a pdf? From Acrobat to another format, OR from a software (like MS Word) to pdf? 

Please list the steps you are taking so we can reproduce the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Eric! Thanks for your response.

Windows 10 and Adobe Acrobat 2024 20643.

For my issue, converting an outlook email to pdf by using the acrobat convert to pdf function. I did research a few other forum posts on adobe and users were stating similar issues. Aptos not found, using courier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2024 Apr 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, so Aptos is a font?

Can you check from your font folder if Aptos is a Type1 font? Adobe is not supporting this type of font anymore.

from the Microsoft site it looks like it is a TrueType Font Aptos - Typography | Microsoft Learn so you should be ok.

Can you run a test? Type some text in MS Word and format it with variations of Aptos (bold, italic...) and export to PDF using the same process as you used in Outlook. Let us know if you get the same error. This is to check if it is an Outlook issue.

Next from Outlook, can you try to File > Print > using PDF printer (instead of export) to check if you get the same issue?

Lastly, is you MS Office up to date? (File > Account > Updates)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reply from other post pasted here: This is an issue with Microsoft not releasing Aptos as a system font. You'll need to install Aptos as a system font. This is what I've been sending to my users:

1. Open Outlook.
  2. Create a new email.
  3. Select the fonts drop-down.
  4. Make sure Aptos does not have a cloud next to it. If the cloud is visible, click it to install the font.Vivian36313220tb5z_0-1713191979208.png

5. Navigate to C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FontCache\4\CloudFonts\Aptos   (Replace <user> with your username)
  6. Copy all font files (.ttf) from here.
  7. Navigate to C:\Windows\Fonts
  8. Paste all font files here.
  9. The Aptos font should now appear in your Fonts folder

.Vivian36313220tb5z_1-1713191979212.png

1. Restart the computer.
  2. You may now print to Adobe PDF from Outlook with the “Rely on system fonts only” option checked.

I expect this to be fixed with a future update but this is working for my org for now!

Got the idea from here :Aptos font now default in Office Applications : r/sysadmin (reddit.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ingrid35894374th7m 

++ Adding to the discussion

Go to Print and select the Adobe PDF as printer. Then select Printer Properties. On the Adobe PDF Settings tab, uncheck the "Rely on system fonts only; do not use document fonts" box and see if that works.

Amal_0-1713220639069.png

Let us know how it goes.

~Amal

Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

While yes this does resolve the issue temporarily, it returns after a few weeks.  How do we make this change permanent?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2024 Jul 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Amal!!!  This solved my problem, THANK YOU!!!  It printed EXACTLY the way it looked on my screen!  So grateful for this fix, it's been plaguing me for years...   I only decided to look it up once I realized it had to do with fonts!!  Adobe print function was freaking out on a strange font... Anyway, thanks again for this workaround, I really appreciate it!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines