• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting Montserrat from Word to Acrobat

Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to the MS Word Acrobat ribbon and click on Preferences, Advanced Settings, Fonts, the Google Montserrat font does not appear in the list of Windows Fonts. Also, I cannot added it with the Add Name option. "Montserrat" alone does not work for exporting and "Montserrat Regular" cannot be typed in because spaces are not allowed.

My problem is that I cannot export (I think for the above reason) Montserrat font from MS Word to Acrobat. I built a beautiful background graphic with photo and Montserrat font in Photoshop and Indesign. I need to put the image into the background of a MS Word document and overlay 5 variables in Montserrat over the top of the image. The staff who will perform this do not have the Adobe CS installed on their computers. That would be prohibitive.  The default font chosen by Acrobat is terrible and not compatible wih the original graphic.

I like Montserrat, and want to avoid redoing the original graphic. Can anyone help me with getting Montserrat to export from MS Word to PDF?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would make the assumption that the Montserrat font is not on the machine, in which case you should be able to google the font and find out how to download and install it. Once it is on the system, MS Word should be able to use it. 

If you have activated the Font through Adobe, then I believe it is only available to Adobe Applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Monsterrat is on the machine. It is selected in the MS Word document. It displays and prints perfectly in Montserrat. What it will not do is save the Montserrat to the PDF by using either the MS Word menu or the Adobe Ribbon menu. As stated, on the Acrobat Ribbon, Preferences, Advanced Settings, Fonts, the Google Montserrat font does not appear in the list of Windows/Word Fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to fix this by getting the Adobe font package from here: https://fonts.adobe.com/fonts/montserrat#fonts-section

Acrobat seems to be ignoring all the embedded Montserrat fonts in Word documents except for Montserrat Thin.  When you user Adobe's goofy font activation scheme, the 18 different Montserrat varieties become available in Acrobat and it fixes the conversion to thin.  I did this on Acrobat Pro...not sure if it works on regular Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are the Montserrat fonts installed and available in InDesign, Photoshop, and Word. They are not available when saving to PDF. Additionally, when I am working in Acrobat DC, Prepare Form, only the Montserrat Thin and Montserrat Thin Italic are in the list of available fonts. Does anyone have any suggestions, please?

temp1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Part of the answer is here at this URL. It did not solve all of the above issues but fonts are now showing up in Acrobat for adding form fields and adding text, but are still not showing as available in the Acrobat ribbon in Word.

https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/using/activate-fonts-desktop.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution didn't work. Something is just broken with Acrobat and Montserrat fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the font doesn't appear in the Windows list of fonts, then it's not (properly) installed on the machine. This has nothing to do with Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's installed in Windows correctly. Acrobat refuses to find the baseline Montserrat but it loves Montserrat Thin for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Montserrat also doesn't show in my list of fonts in the Acrobat advanced settings, but Montserrat still shows perfectly in Word and I can export from Word to PDF without issues, so the reason maybe something else. Montserrat is active in Adobe Fonts.

I've also had many customers who report this same issue. They have Montserrat installed on their machines and working perfectly in Word. But when they save as PDF, Montserrat font looks very thin. Still haven't found a solution for that. But a workaround is to "print" to PDF, instead of saving as a PDF. Hopefully we'll find a solution because I love the Montserrat fonts!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. This has been driving me crazy, but the print-to-PDF workaround works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2023 Nov 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found a workaround solution for this. If you are like me and do not use the "Thin" and "Light" version of Montserrat, uninstall them. Also uninstall variable font weight. Install static weights individually which you want(Regular, bold, black,etc). And that worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines