• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

External JS Editor Won't Open

Engaged ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Acrobat for years and have never had an issue where the external editor will not open.

I've tried:

• Changing to a different editor
  • Changing to the Acrobat editor and back to an external editor
  • Modifying the JavaScript settings (unchecked everything using several scenarios)

Any suggestions? I see that Tuesday, October 12, 2021 there was an update... Could the new update caused a bug?

The only other things I can think to do is try to repair the installation or try to reinstall the previous version...

Screenshot 2021-10-12 091732.jpg

TOPICS
Create PDFs , JavaScript , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried repairing the installation without success.

I also opened a form on another computer with a different Adobe license, and it does not open the editor either. I'm beginning to think this is a bug with the latest version, but the CC app doesn't seem to have a place to download the previous version...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upon further testing, notepad is the only external editor I've been able to get to work thus far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the editor notepad++

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reccomendation. I'm familiar with Sublime Text and would prefer to stick with that. VS Code doesn't work either. This has now been tested on three different machines under different accounts.

Why would some editors work and others aren't but previously were?

I have already submitted to Adobe Uservoice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to revert back to a previous build of Acrobat?

Other CC applications have a way to install previous. It doesn't seem to be the case with Acrobat...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How was this rectified?  I'm having the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, but I'm no longer working on JS forms. The last time I was using them, it was not working. I had to copy and paste script from my editor into notepad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem. My favorite Editor, EditPad Pro, did work fine as an external JS-Editor for years - until 3 days ago! No Error-message, nothing, The Editor simpy don't start working. Now strange:

1. Windows Notepad works well

2. Notepad+++ works well

3. And when I sign up as Admin even EditPad Pro works well!?!

But as normal User ...

Since MADink_Designs27 issue wasn't solved really, I hope someone from Adobe jumps in 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess I better open a new thread, seems, that noone cares for the old ones?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a solution to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There must be another thread somewhere ... well actually I found two and a half solutions:

1. Use Notepad+++ - That's what our company-admins prefer. I prefer EditPad Pro, but Notepad isn't bad either.

2. Modify the settings "Preferences > Security (Enhanced)" either by

2.1 disable the "Enhanced Security" and "Sandbox Protection" or

2.2 using "Privileged Locations"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And even one more, I didn't try though:

You can whitelist other editors by editing the registry as shown in the document at You can whitelist other editors by editing the registry as shown in the document at
https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/AppSec/sandboxprotections.html#using-3rd-party-js...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines