Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extract Quick Tool Button Not Working

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We have Adobe Acrobat DC, and the Extract Quick Tool Button has suddenly stopped working.  I can add or delete it, but nothing happens when I click the button to extract pages.  The Insert button works.  Anyone else experiencing this issue?  Any recommended solutions?

Thanks!

Jeff

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Hi there,

Hope you are doing well and sorry to keep you waiting.

Please try updating the application to the new version 22.1.20169 now available and see if that works for you. Please go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

You may also download the patch manually from the link https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you extract pages at Organize Pages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that function is working properly.  I work for a very particular attorney, and the button not working is driving her nuts, otherwise, I would tell her to use Organize pages.  Thanks for the response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started having the exact same issue 2 days ago.  The button is there, but doesn't work.  I can extract pages by going through opening the View - Tools - Organize Pages - Open way or clicking on Organize Pages on the rightside toolbar way, but the quick tool does nothing.  I have Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and it just did an update today even and I did a restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that. This issue is already reported to our engineering team, and they are working on it to find a fix.

We will share the update as soon as we get any news from them

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates on the Fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following.

All of the users in our office are having this same issue.  We are also seeing some performance issues with documents that are larger than 50 pages.  What took 2-3 seconds to open before is now taking 3-5 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following, mine started doing this today 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I talked to support and got the following response.

I would like to inform you that the "Extract tool issue" is a reported bug(ADC-4365379) under the latest release. This will be fixed in the next release( July release) of Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the exact same issue here.  Here's hoping to a fast fix to the July release.  Very annoying, glad am still able to use the Organize Pages feature to do the extractions though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me. Glad to see it is a bug that will be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me - started maybe 2 days ago.  Looking forward to Adobe update.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone confirm the Extract Quick Tool works the same way as dragging and dropping pages onto the Desktop from the Organize Pages screen?  Or is this a different bug with version .20142?  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue as others. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the same issue. Just started this week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that. This issue is already reported to our engineering team, and they are working on it to find a fix.

We will share the update as soon as we get any news from them

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When is this update happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they are very busy with new product development and will get on this as soon as their schedule permits. new product trumps 14.99 per month subscription fee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the July update today.  The extract button in the quick tools menu is working again!!

Open a PDF file.  Then go to the header in the top left corner of your PDF listed as "Help".  Click on "Check for Updates" in the "Help" header.  The July update should be waiting for you to download. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that was quite a hefty update.

do you know if updates normally happen automatically? or is the onus on the customer to check for updates?

and yes, the extract button is working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are also having this issue, after reinstalling Acrobat Pro, the quick tools that had been setup on the previous install were reloaded. Anyone know where these files are stored so I could try a proper fresh reinstall?

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this issue here too, what a weird thing to stop working.... seems like a basic function of the program. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. I rely upon that tool and the menu shortcut and it's frustrating to have to use pull-down menus to use this function

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My extract button in quick tools stopped working after the June update.  Any idea when this will be fixed or a work around?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines