Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Field tab order is not working consistently

Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I try to enter data on my form, and use the tab key to move between fields, it is not always consistent as to which field it moves to. I have checked the "Fields" area and they are all in order but when I try to move within the form once published, it sometimes skips fields.

Has anyone come across this issue?

I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

Thank you!

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Thank you for the answer!  I had created a document with several different radio group checkboxes.  The tab order was inconsistent with the group controls.  Sometimes it would tab to the next option in the group, sometimes it would skip it only to move to it from another group.  I am 100% certain that the tab order is correct in the document.  Using the above steps fixed it and now is working as expected:

• Open the thumbnail view pane
  • select all thumbnailed pages of your document
  • right-click on the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of fields is it skipping? Are those fields set as read-only, by any chance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

They are all exactly the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of fields are they?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Text Fields

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the file with us (via Dropbox, Google Drive, Adobe Cloud, etc.)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I do that privately?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just sent you the link in a private message.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this resolved? I'm having a similar issue with multiple PDFs. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I think your issue can be resolved with Reading Order and Editing Document Structure:

Se here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/touch-reading-order-tool-pdfs.html

And here:  https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/editing-document-structure-content-tags.html

Possible solution here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/quot-reading-order-quot-is-not-working/td-p/10464664

You can also this:

• right-click on the slection to bring up Properties, select Document Properties, and tick the radio button that says "Use document structure" 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the answer!  I had created a document with several different radio group checkboxes.  The tab order was inconsistent with the group controls.  Sometimes it would tab to the next option in the group, sometimes it would skip it only to move to it from another group.  I am 100% certain that the tab order is correct in the document.  Using the above steps fixed it and now is working as expected:

• right-click on the slection to bring up Properties, select Document Properties, and tick the radio button that says "Use document structure" 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for updating this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found it---

See the right hand panel

the word FIELDS

Three lines to the right

"order tabs manually"

specialmodern_0-1643066567413.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes!! This works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines