Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File thumbnail preview not showing in windows explorer

Enthusiast ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using 2022.001.20142

I am running Windows 10 - 64 bit . I have acrobat pro DC version 2022.001.20142.

I have enabled the thumbnail preview in the settings but still I am not able to see the thumbnails of my pdf in windows explorer.

dzgnr89_0-1656677178228.png

Please suggest a solution.

TOPICS
How to , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the screenshot and application version.

We see that you have enabled the PDF Thumbnail preview within Acrobat's preferences setting. Just want to confirm that after selecting the checkbox "Enable PDF Thumbnail previews in Windows Explorer," did you press the OK button in the lower right corner of the preferences window?

• Once you do that, a configuration window appears, as shown in the screenshot below:

Enable thumbnail preview.JPG

• If you haven't seen this window, the process was incomplete. Try the steps once again.

Once done, Go to Windows Explorer> click on View on the menubar at top> change it to Large icon or Medium. It might take a few seconds to apply the changes. 

Still didn't work? Open Acrobat>help> run "Repair Installation"> Close and reopen application.You may also check for pending Windows updates [if any]

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I enabled the tickmark in the checkbox before making the post. I kept facing the same issue. My windows OS is up to date. I went to Windows Explorer> View on the menubar at top> changed it to Large icon or Medium already before making the original post. 

After your suggestion, I repaired the installation as per your steps. Still facing the same issue. I also rebooted my laptop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response to your last post.

Acrobat and Reader official update 22.001.20169 is now available. Go 

to Help > Check for Updates>reboot Acrobat and install the latest patch. 

Let us know if it this helps.

More information about this release is here: Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines