Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files not saving - dialog box blank

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I have started encountering an issue with saving pdf files. I open the document, place a few comments on it and then when I try to save it the dialog box come up completely empty and I am unable to save. The same happens if I close the file and accept the prompt to save- empty dialog box.

I have checked for updates and tried restarting the program and the computer.

Thank you!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Hi there

Sorry to keep you waiting. The planned update for Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC version 21.11.20039  is now available. Please update the application from the help menu > Check for updates  and reboot the computer once.

You may also download the patch manually from the link https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html  and see if that works for you.

For more information about the new release please check the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/whats-new.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jemmaa

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you are unable to save the PDF file and getting the blank screen.

Please go to Edit (Win) > Adobe Acrobat (Mac) > Preferences > General > Uncheck 'Show online storage when saving files' and 'Show online storage when opening files' > Click Ok and reboot the computer.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixes the saving issue; however, once I have unchecked "Show online storage when saving files" I can no longer use the Adobe sign feature. Is there not a solution that allows you to keep the online storage option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 21.07.20099 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates and reboot the computer once.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running the most recent version (21.070099) of Adobe Acrobat DC. I have uninstalled & reinstalled the program to see if that would resolve the issue. It's not a constant issue...sometimes I can save with the "online storage" selection checked; but it will stop sporadically. Then I have to go uncheck the "online storage" in order to save my document. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the trouble. This issue is reported to our engineering team and they are working on it to find the fix.

We will share the update as soon as we will hear anything from them.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Sorry to keep you waiting. The planned update for Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC version 21.11.20039  is now available. Please update the application from the help menu > Check for updates  and reboot the computer once.

You may also download the patch manually from the link https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html  and see if that works for you.

For more information about the new release please check the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/whats-new.html

Let us know if you experience any trouble and need more help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines