• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fillable fields not locking when sending for signature

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've spent hours and hours on this and can't get my fillable forms to lock all fields when I send them for signature using either the "Adobe Sign" option or "Fill and Sign" option from Adobe Pro DC.  

Shouldn't this be the default where the recipient only has the ability to sign and not be able to modify everything in the document?

I set the signature fields to "Locked" so that's fine.  

When selecting Adobe Sign I get the option to "Specify Where to Sign" which I don't need since my form already has the Signature fields in it, so the user already knows where to sign.  

I've tried to edit the fields and select "Lock" but it does nothing once sent for signature.

I really need to sort this out.

Thanks.

TOPICS
PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need Adobe Sign or Fill & Sign for this. Just a regular Signture field.

And setting it as "Locked" will do nothing. What you need to do is go to its Properties, then the Signed tab and then select the option to lock all the fields when signed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'd love to be able to see this "Signed" tab to try this but when I go into Properties for my Signature fields using DC Pro but all I get is "General", "Appearance", "Position" and "Options".  

That's it.  So there's no "Signed"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure it's a signature field? If so, try this:

Click on Tools - Prepare Form and then click on "More" at the right side of the window and then on "Revert to Acrobat Form". In the future, do not tick the box that says "This document requires signatures" when creating the form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are mixing up the form technologies. 

When you create a Fill & Sign form, you need to use the Fill & Sign fields.

The signature field on a Fill & Sign form is completely different from a Signature form field on a regular PDF form. 

Each field has the ability to be setup for a particular role. These roles determine which fields are avaiable to the which form recipient. 

When you "Send for Signatures" the "Specify where to sign" mode is just a curtesy. You don't have to specify anything. And in fact, if you've added the correct Fill & Sign signature field, you'll see it on the form preview. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I see the location to fill in the Signature using Fill and Sign.  

The big problem is that when I send it for signature, all of the other fields are still unlocked.  In fact, instead of the yellow arrow pointing down to where the signature field should be filled, it places it at the top where the users first name is.  Then the user can overwrite anything since all of these fields are fillable.  I just don't get why this is so difficult.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's because there are no "Roles" assigned to those fields. Put the field into Fill & Sign mode and set the field roles. Then leave it as a fill and sign form. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Randy,

Did you ever figure out how to lock all fields in your PDF before sending it out for a signature? I am having the same issue.

If you could please let me know, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have two ideas - if you go to fill and sign, then select ready for signatures (not the read only option), then after you add the signatures, you can right click on each field, then click edit and read only.  My document has over 50 fields, so I really didn't want to do that for every single field.  So my low tech solution is to actually print out the document, then use turboscan to scan it back into my computer, and THEN request signatures.  It was the only way I could think of to "pdf a pdf"!  So, it would be great if Adobe could have a single button that says "are you ready to sign and don't want anyone to change the fields" , or but I haven't been able to find it either!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.  however, the only work around is the same as yours OR before I set up the pdf for signatures, I set the other fields (that you don't want edited by others) as "READ ONLY" then I lock those.  You can highlight the fields all at once and do this --- then when I set it up for signatures the fields are UN-editable however, I don't like the look of them with all the boundary boxes and highlighted yellow === looks so busy on the form.  That was the only 2 ways I could work around this solution.  Since Adobe has a "READ ONLY" and "LOCK" option in the "properties" tab on the fields --- seems like they would have thought of that in the Signature Document.  I want a clean document with nothing highlighted but the signature fields and the only way to do that is to RESCAN the document and re-Set the fields to signature lines.  Too much work around for sure!!!  jenn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all Adobe needs to do is make it so when setting up a document for AdobeSign, give the creator the ability to highlight multiple fields at once and set them to 'read only'. Or they could do what docusign does... it gives you the option to lock all pdf fields from the start. then you can add in the signature box or whatever else you need 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I added a button to my forms and added an action to run a java script.  I found an article online and the java script below works.  

for (var i = 0 ; i < this.numFields ; i++) {
var f = this.getField(this.getNthFieldName(i)) ;
if (f.type != "button") // do I have to change the word between " " with the name of my button which I put on my PDF? name of button is "Valider"
{
f.readonly = true ;
}
}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for sharing this solution!!!! Sure would be great if Adobe could provide that button for us! Adobe?

SUSAN VIOLETTE
COO, Lake Norman Office
980-221-5030

susan.violette@alairhomes.com
11910 Terrill Ridge Drive, Davidson, NC 28036
[cid:image014.png@01D854DC.0DBFC6C0][cid:image015.png@01D854DC.0DBFC6C0][cid:image016.png@01D854DC.0DBFC6C0][cid:image017.png@01D854DC.0DBFC6C0][cid:image018.png@01D854DC.0DBFC6C0][cid:image019.png@01D854DC.0DBFC6C0]
[cid:image013.png@01D854DC.0DB391C0]
2022 Alair Enterprises Canada Ltd. All rights reserved. ALAIR, ALAIR HOMES, CLIENT CONTROL, LIVING BETTER STARTS HERE, and associated designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Alair Enterprises Canada Ltd. in Canada and Alair Enterprises USA Inc. in the United States. Each Alair
Homes business is independently owned and operated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to disable just that one field this is all you need:

this.getField("Valider").readonly = true;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines