• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fillable PDF document from Word file using Prepare Form not working

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. What I am trying to do seems so simple I am not sure why it is not working or what I am doing wrong. I am working with a professor to create a Fill-in-the-blank document. It is my understanding that once the Word document is converted to a PDF, the Prepare Form tool should easily identify the blank underline sections and blank table cells and add text fields; however, the automatic feature basically does nothing. Occasionaly it will find one or two blanks and/or empty cells in a table.

Is this not what this feature is for? Is there another way?
I'm using Adobe Acrobat Pro (Adobe for Enterprise)

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , How to , PDF , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> the Prepare Form tool should easily identify the blank underline sections and blank table cells and add text fields

That's the best case scenario. Often it doesn't pick up the fields correctly at all, or creates only some fields, or with the incorrect field type (text field where a check-box should be, for example). You will probably have to fix it manually, which can be a lot of work.

The only way to add fields consistently is to use a script, such as these two (paid-for) tools I've developed that will create text fields from underscores and check-boxes/radio-button fields from specific Wingdings characters with 100% accuracy:

https://www.try67.com/tool/acrobat-reader-convert-underscores-to-text-fields

https://www.try67.com/tool/acrobat-reader-convert-wingdings-characters-to-check-boxes-or-radio-butto...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe? ...any attempt at an answer or solution? My college pays over $200 a year for each Enterprise user. I would appreaciate a reply other than I need to spend more money trying to get this working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At Prepare Form you can add form fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2024 Jun 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I realize I can add them manually. However, the "Prepare Form" tool is not finding the blank lines and adding the text boxes automatically. Older versions of Acrobat could easily do this...what happened?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 03, 2024 Jul 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there, 

Hope you are doing well.

What is the version of the OS and the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 24.02.20857 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://adobe.ly/3xI42XG

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines