• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fillable pdf form - calculations between fields

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.   I am creating a pdf fillable form, which contains fields for areal space measurements.   I would like to multiply two fields (variable values), divide the result by a set value number and have that result displayed in a separate field to reflect number of acres in the area.  For example:   length X width / 43,560 = #Acres

Can anyone advise please as to what script/formula to use for this fillable adobe form?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Let's say the fields are called "Length", "Width" and "Acres".

Under the Calculate tab of Acres select the second option "Simplified field notation", and then enter this formula:

Length * Width / 43560

That's all there is to it...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's say the fields are called "Length", "Width" and "Acres".

Under the Calculate tab of Acres select the second option "Simplified field notation", and then enter this formula:

Length * Width / 43560

That's all there is to it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! Wow – so much simpler than I had been led to believe – very straight forward!

Thank you

Dennis G.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have the 'calculate' tab in my Acrobat DC.  Am i missing something??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are in "Prepare Form" tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, i found that finally.  Now i have dropdown box A (titled 'select personal annual pass option) and trying to populate the items in dropdown list A to prices in textbox A.  I have input the following but keep getting syntax error.  Can you tell me where I'm going wrong?

event.value=this.getField(select personal annual pass option).value;

adult

spousal

etc.....  

i have entered export values in the dropdown list and commited selected value immediately. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must put the field name between double-quotes:

event.value=this.getField("select personal annual pass option").value;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU try67!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello (again),

I have now added a QTY column and have input the following but am getting an error saying that the value entered does not match the format of the field.

event.value = this.getField("Personal Annual Pass Option")*("QTYRow1").value;

i have several options under the drown down box and then the Qty bos and then my 'total box'.

Can you please tell me what i've done wrong?

Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your code is not quite correct... Use this:

event.value = Number(this.getField("Personal Annual Pass Option").value) * Number(this.getField("QTYRow1").value);

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still getting the same error.  Do the list in my dropdown box are not numbers.  Does that make a difference?  Arrrrrgh!@

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What i meant to say is the dropdown box is several items that are not numeric values.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must use numeric values as the export values of the items in the drop-down for it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OH MY.... I JUST RESET THE 'SET FIELD CALCULATION ORDER' AND IT WORKED!!!!!

YOU ARE SOOOOO AWESOME!  YOUR ANSWER IS CORRECT!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.   I have been struggling with this form for days now.... not to mention everyone keeps adding to and changing it!!!

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoops.... now i keep getting this error:

any suggestions on what i've done wrong?  Each item on the list IS associated with export values. Just when i thought i was good to go!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change the field's Format to None and try again. The result will probably be something like NaN, though, which means you have a non-numeric value somewhere, still.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to calculate out okay, BUT if i go back to correct or choose another list in the dropdown i still get that message and my numbers won't change or revert back to 0.

I'm so lost on this now.  Thanks so much for all your help try67

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can share the file I'm happy to take a look at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can i message you somewhere that is not public?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I'm quite frustrated.  I'm entering into another drop down box and am getting the same message and it doesn't even pertain to the drop down i'm currently editing.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's to be expected. Any change of value in any field will trigger all

the calculations in the entire form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can email me at try6767 at gmail.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in Prepare Form...I think. I can't get the calculate option and number is not one of my fild options. I have text, signature, date etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was extremely helpful! I have a follow-up for something related. I am multiplying a drop down value (Entire) which is a number of days, by $3500.00 and displaying the result in a field called Total. I get the correct dollar amount showing in the Total field when I hit the enter key. If I use the tab key though, the focus goes to the Total field and the value becomes just a number. for example, if I choose 2 days and hit enter, the value in the Total field is correctly, $7,000. When I tab to Total, the number becomes 7000. Then when I tab to the next field, Total returns to $14,000. Is there way to prevent the displayed dollar amount from changing to a regular number at all? Hope this makes sense. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set the field as read-only. It will take it out of the tab order and will make sure it only shows the calculated value, in the desired format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines