Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Filling a form, Urdu is changed to Arabic script

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am filling a form in acrobat on MacOs that requires me to write my name in Urdu, so i change my keyboard's language to Urdu, which normally works, but in Acrobat it give me Arabic alphabets. Does anyone know a way I can change the language on acrobat? I tried finding the font tool, but there's no option.

Thanks.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

It could be an issue with the font selected for this form fields. If you have Acrobat you can change it yourself, but it might be a better idea to report this issue to the creator of the form, so they could fix it for everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

I suspect that the form field had a font assigned to it which doesn't have Urdu characters, but is limited to Latin and Arabic! If you have Acrobat Pro and the form can be edited, you may click on the "Prepare Form" option to edit the field by double clicking on it, and changing the font to one that accommodates Urdu/Farsi characters.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be an issue with the font selected for this form fields. If you have Acrobat you can change it yourself, but it might be a better idea to report this issue to the creator of the form, so they could fix it for everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suspect that the form field had a font assigned to it which doesn't have Urdu characters, but is limited to Latin and Arabic! If you have Acrobat Pro and the form can be edited, you may click on the "Prepare Form" option to edit the field by double clicking on it, and changing the font to one that accommodates Urdu/Farsi characters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines