• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Filling in forms

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, latest update. Some .pdf forms I download to complete allow me to click into fields but won't then accept any text. I can't use the fill and sige tool without printing the .pdf as another .pdf.

Any ideas on setting to change?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible the fields are set to have an automatic value, or to only accept certain characters.

If you could share such a file with us we could say for sure if that's the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi try67

https://ecab.planningportal.co.uk/uploads/appPDF/D3830Form002_england_en.pdf

link to the form download - once downloaded and stored on my PC (windows) when opened the fields can be accessed but not filled-in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a special kind of PDF form, created in an application called LiveCycle Designer, and yes, the fields in it seem to be locked for some reason. You should contact the institution that created and it and report this issue to them. We can't really help you with this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh well, thanks for taking the time to look into it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just had a look at the 'properties' of the form - it lists filling of form fields as 'allowed' Would there be a setting in  Acrobate Reader DC that needs to be changed?

Capture MSDC FORM PROPERTIES.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Filling form fields might be allowed, but it's not possible if they are set as read-only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Even if the form allows filling in of the form fields, if an individual form field is set to read only then that form field cannot be filled in. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines