Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Finding text but Adobe not identifying letters or numbers

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I am currently using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, and one issue I am having is trying to find text in the document. However, the issue is that the text appears to be special characters instead of actual numbers or letters. I tried using CTRL+F and used the settings to find my way through. CTRL+F didn't work because the text appears to be special characters that aren't actual letters or numbers. This is evident when I copied the text from the PDF document into a Word document, and the pasted text was just blank square boxes for each character. The only time it became actual letters and characters was when I click Edit PDF, and dashed text boxes appear (probably because of OCR). I am on a 300 page document so eye-searching through all of the pages is not an option. Is there a solution to this?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few questions - Did you create this PDF?  Do you have access to the source (original, pre-PDF) document?  Did you perform the OCR?  

It sure sounds like a scanned/OCRed doc, and you may not have many options.  But if you have the source, or pre-OCR version, you may be able to get some better results with a fresh OCR pass using different settings.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turns out that the file was flattened, so that's probably the reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That'll do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yup!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines