Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font changing when creating PDF from Word

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I create a PDF document from word, the font Times New Roman is getting changed to Times Roman.

Here I use the Acrobat Pro Dc for my conversion of word to PDF.

I found a similar blog Times New Roman in Word documents changes to TimesNewRomanPSMT in PDF documents (Create PDF)  explaining the problem.

Is there any solution to overcome this problem?

Can someone please help?

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

In Word go to the Acrobat ribbon and click on Preferences. Select the Conversion Settings profile you want to use and then click on Advanced Settings. Switch to the Fonts section and tick "Embed all fonts" (if it's not ticked already). If you want, save the profile under a new name and then use it when converting your file to a PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have met this Font changes probem, too  when I create PDF from Word. I checked my PDF option and I have checked the option"embedded all font" but it doesn't work. I found in the list below to embed font from C/Window/Fonts, some fonts are missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why users have to go to such extraordinary lengths to simply convert a Word Doc to PDF, but here is what I had to do after none of these suggestions worked for me. I had to upload the Word Doc to SharePoint, then open/download the Word Doc as a PDF. This made it look exactly like the original Word Doc. I hope this helps someone. And I wish both developers would consider user experience a bit more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO MUCH this is literally the only thing that has worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yay! Happy this helped someone. I was really spinning my wheels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't convert docx to pdf with preserving style and font in ANY of the ways I've found. Something is always different! How is this possible???

2023-10-12_221537 copy.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines