Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font in PDF not displaying properly after saving in MS Word

New Here ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have issues with some of my fonts after I save them in MS Word document as PDF. These issues can be solved when I choose the Print as PDF option but that is something I would like to avoid because it is more time consuming for me. 

I am using MS Office Professional Plus 2021. I have downloaded some .ttf fonts (namely Rubik Light and Exo Semibold) and installed them as admin for all users. The issue arrises when I want to make some of the text bold. After I choose Save as PDF, the letters in PDF are not bold, they appear normal instead. I tried to embed it via MS Word option but it did not work. Tried to use different combinations of saving (standard vs minimal size) without any success. Also tried to use different fonts weight (like Rubik, Rubik Bold), without any success. 

Interestingly everything works with pre-instaled fonts like Arial or Cambria.

I have searched through this forum but did not find any solution that would work for me. Thank you for your help in advance.

Cheers,

Filip

TOPICS
PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PS: I am using recent version of Adobe Acrobat Reader. I would like to obtain permanent and quick solution as this is something I do with different documents several times a day. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines