• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font not recognized when document is Printed, but works fine when saved as PDF

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Google font installed on my system. I was able to successfully "print" my documents to PDF with an older version of Acrobat, but with the latest DC version, that font was automatically converted into a different sans serif font. In addition, the resulting text was all gibberish. After several searches and tries, I was able to save the document as a PDF and Acrobat DC was able to recognize and embed the font correctly. Is there a way to ensure that printing the document as a PDF is also able to do the same?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abha,

Thank you for reaching out.

You have mentioned that you used to print the document as PDF using the old version, which used to work. However, with Acrobat DC, the fonts do not convert.

Could you please share the complete workflow you do?

Please let us know if the fonts are embedded in the document. Generally, this issue occurs when the font is not embedded and not available on the machine. Are you converting the Word files to PDF?

It would be helpful if you could share both versions of the PDF (one with font issue and another with font embedded) along with the steps you do to create them.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Meenakshi, I am printing Excel file into PDF. I go to the print menu on Excel, and choose Adobe PDF as my printer (it is the only printer setup on my machine right now) before clicking on the print button. I followed the same steps with the previous version of Acrobat as well. Saving as PDF still works fine, but printing as PDF does not recognize the font. I am attaching the screenshots of how it should appear and how it does. 

If you want to look into the actual PDFs, I would need a way to send it to you by email and not attach the documents here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From your machine open the PDF and go to View > Tools > Print Production > Preflight > make sure your top dropdown is Acrobat Pro DC 2015 Profiles > Click the Blue Wrench for single fixup > Type Fonts in the search to pull up the action for Embed Missing Fonts. The document will save and you should be good to go on whatever machine it prints on.

maxwithdax_0-1654796527638.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Max. I followed the steps (had to install preflight), and the resulting popup says no problems found. I then printed the document once again, but I am facing the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines