• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts not appearing in menu of Header/Footer menu

Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to add a footer to my PDF and when I get to the dialog box the only font that is available is Symbol. 

However if I just go into the document and add a text box, all of my fonts are available.

Tried restarting, but it didn't help.

Also, any idea how I can add a bleed and crop marks?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

I had to reinstall the program and restart the computer, that fixed it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @craigl33303718 I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having. Are you working with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (Continuous Release) or another Acrobat product? Are you using Windows or Mac? Are you selecting Edit from the tool panel, and then using Add Header and Footer to select a font from the dropdown menu? Or are you trying to add the header some other way?

2022-09-26 14_32_19-Adobe Community Professional Membership Guide 2022.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (3.jpg

To add crop marks, open Print Production from the tools under Protect & Standardize, then select Add Printer Marks

JEL_0-1664221110213.png

JEL_2-1664221358591.png

JEL_1-1664221198701.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with the header and footer fonts not loading. I click on edit, then header and footer and in the pop-up box the only font is "symbol" it doesnt allow me to change the font. Very frustrating, did you end up figuuring this out? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @rhiannonb2368913 I'm sorry to hear this isn't working for you. The original poster didn't come back to let us know what type of set up they were using or if they were able to find a solution. Which version of Acrobat are you using, and what is the type of PDF you are trying to add a header and footer to? Is it a normal document or a form? All images or text? Do you only see the Symbol font when trying to add a footer on any document you try, or just this one? If you want to post the PDF or send it to me by DM, I'll be happy to check it on my end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am on a Mac, using Adobe Acrobat (latest version). I am trying to add a header to a regular PDF document which contains text and vector graphics, however the same issue is happening for all the PDFs I have tested trying top resolve this issue. I attached a screenshot showing the font drop down menu, only "symbol" is available. 

This is a new issue as I have done this the same way for over 3 years and did this twice last week without any issue, suddenly today the only font is symbole. However, if I add a text box to the document I have all my font choices, only header and footer is affected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thanks for that extra information, @rhiannonb2368913. It does seem strange. It's working for me (Windows 10) so far. Try uninstalling and reinstalling Acrobat to see if that resets your fonts. You can do it from Creative Cloud desktop through the three dot menu on the right. After uninstalling, restart your computer and sign back into Creative Cloud with your Adobe ID. Then launch Acrobat and try again.

You'll need to go through a process of troubleshooting elimination steps to figure out why this started happening all of a sudden when it was working for you last week. Let us know how it goes!

JEL_0-1673900629558.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Has anyone figured out the solution to this? I'm on a mac using Acrobat Pro Continuous Release. I've uninstalled and reinstalled but still can only select the Symbol font.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me also. Only font option in the header/footer dialog is "Symbol" which makes the feature unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to reinstall the program and restart the computer, that fixed it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting us know that this worked for you, @rhiannonb2368913.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi- I am also on a Mac and had this problem.  I uninstalled /restarted/ reinstalled and now am able to select more fonts than just "Symbol".  Hope this works for all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines