Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts not displaying correctly in Fillable form fields

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I received a populated form that displays correctly in the online Acrobat reader (free version) but as soon as I open it locally on the Acrobat Pro 20.0 or Acrobat DC reader on my computer it doesn't display the font on certain pages (those pages show up with the form fields as blank).  

I've tried de-selecting "Use local fonts" and that doesn't make a difference.

Any ideas how to find the right fonts and get them to display correctly in the form fields?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble.

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

Have you created this PDF form or have you got it from a different user? What are the steps used to create the PDF form?

Web browsers use their own PDF mechanism to render and display the PDF contents and they are not Adobe-dependent.

As mentioned some PDF pages do not display the correct font, it's either not properly embedded into the PDF file or it's not present on your computer or you may not have the permission to use the required font.

Please go to Edit (Win), Adobe Acrobat (Mac) > Preferences > Page Display, under rendering select 'Use local font' and see if that helps. 

Also, please go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/pdf-fonts.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

Thanks for the quick response.  It's a form generated automatically by an online employee benefits portal. If I open the pdf in the free version of Adobe DC online on Adobe's website (not the Chrome or Edge adobe plugin), the form field fonts are all populated correctly and I can read it.  If I open it in my Adobe Pro 2020 windows desktop version, the form fields on certain pages are blank.  See attached example. The Use Local Fonts button doesn't seem to fix the  problem completely (it does on a few pages) - there are still pages wtih blank fields.  

I've tried to repair the build of my Acrobat Pro 2020, but I don't see any way to update the fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Would you mind sharing the PDF file in question with us as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html so that we can check it at our end?

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines