Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forwarding or replying to an Outlook email with an Adobe attachment

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I forward an Outlook email with an attachment, it opens in a new window with the original email behind it, even though all my other emails don't do this. Is there a setting I'm missing in Adobe to stop this? I'm using Adobe Acrobat DC.

Thank you in advance.

Elizabeth

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Hi Elizabeth,

We are sorry for late addressing your query. 

Such behavior of opening the forwarded email into a new window isn't/shouldn't be depended on Acrobat's setting.

This is an Outlook behavior which doesn't relies on Acrobat DC. Unless the document share/forwarding is being initiated from within Acrobat itself. 

You must check with the Outlook setting itself. Outlook>File>Options>Mail>Replies & Forwards>Open Replies & Forwards in new window. 

Also, check if its just the PDF attachme

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elizabeth,

We are sorry for late addressing your query. 

Such behavior of opening the forwarded email into a new window isn't/shouldn't be depended on Acrobat's setting.

This is an Outlook behavior which doesn't relies on Acrobat DC. Unless the document share/forwarding is being initiated from within Acrobat itself. 

You must check with the Outlook setting itself. Outlook>File>Options>Mail>Replies & Forwards>Open Replies & Forwards in new window. 

Also, check if its just the PDF attachments or others too.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for letting me know Akanchha.
It would appear to be all attachments and not just Adoboe.

Kind regards,

Elizabeth McVay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha,

After scratching my head over several hours, between myself and our IT department we have solved the problem. It appears to be the Acrobat PDFMailer Office Com and Adobe Document Cloud for Micorosoft Outlook add-ins. I don't use them (if I'm being honest I don't know what they're for) I have disabled them and the problem has gone away. 

Hope this helps anyone else who has the problem!

Regards,

Elizabeth  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If those two add-ins are enabled in Outlook, the internet headers are stripped from forwards and replies whether there are attachments or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines