• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FoxIt and Acrobat DC comparison

Participant ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am comparing FoxIT to Acrobat for a automatic form generation and esignature solution.  FoxIt seems to be winning. So I have been able to take a form in FoxIt and use there export to xfdf tool so I know I have an xfdf doc that is acceptable to FoxIt.  I then fill that xfdf doc via VBA code in MS Access.  I don't see any similar functionality in Acrobat.  Am I missing something?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat JavaScript can export form data. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I really don't want to have to learn some javascript.  Is there no functionality in Acrobat that is equavilent to that I see in FoxIt?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe Pro you can export form data as xfdf file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At Tools search for "export data"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tools - Forms - More - Export Data, change "Save as Type" to "Acrobat XFDF Files".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it.  Thanks.  If I wanted to pull this off in VBA - open xfdf file, fill xfdf file,  then import xfdf file to the pdf form, any clues as to what  (Adobe Acrobat 10 Type Library, Adobe Distaller, Adobe Access 3.0 Type Library)  library I need to reference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't work in VBA any longer. I find it to be an extremely cumbersome programming language. Try the Acrobat SDK forum, perhaps.

I can tell you it can be done using a single line of code in Javascript:

this.importAnXFDF();
And if you run it from a trusted context you can even specify the path of the XFDF file with the data, like this:

this.importAnXFDF("/C/MyFiles/FormData.xfdf");

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmm, yes I don't have much love for MS Access and VBA but it is the database I am stuck with at present.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines