• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Full Uninstall - How to remove leftover files/programs, including genuine software integrity service?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uninstalled Adobe Acrobat, but some files/programs remain.  In particular, Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service continues to run despite having no Adobe software installed.

How do I uninstall this service?  There does not appear to be an uninstaller available.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have ran the clean up tool and restarted the PC.

However, Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service is still installed and running on my machine.

This software is installed to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\AdobeGCClient", and there is no uninstaller in this directory.

I am no longer running any Adobe software, so I don't need this software license service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

delete the adobe folder then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have moved the folder for now to prevent the program from successfully starting, but this is not a desirable approach.  What about components of this software left over elsewhere, in registry, in startup, etc.

Is there anyway to e-mail Adobe's technical support about this?  Do Adobe technical support staff reply on these forums?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'still need help', https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW, use an insecure browser to contact support.

Hard to be impressed by this product.

All we want is a proper uninstall routine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please begin a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen. If the chat window fails to open, or is non-responsive, use a different device to start the interaction.

WOW, use an insecure browser to contact support.

Hard to be impressed by this product.

By @Gareth5FCB

I'm using a browser for my banking and I feel very secure.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That still leaves all that files on the system, registry etc - nothing of a clean uninstall at all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2018 Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of these methods fully remove the Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service or Adobe Genuine Software Service.  This is in direct violation of user trust to leave behind services like this when all your products are installed.  This is actually part of the reason I discontinued use of your products and have begun recommending my film editors move to Final Cut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey man,

Open task manager and end both Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service and Adobe Genuine Software Service, then delete the whole Adobe folder in Program Files and Common Files. Hope that works for you I just experienced the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I absolutely agree, this is very poor programming indeed.

Once all adobe products are uninstalled from control panel there should be no adobe software on the machine, there should be no adobe folder anywhere, there should be no registry entries.

Made even worse by the fact that there is still running 'Background Processes', wow that is poor.

Made even worse that it is still hapening.

I understand I can end the task and delete the folder but this is a poor approach that should have ended with windows 1, this is not even a real solution as there is still registry entries that are calling these background tasks.

I do not care that my employer has purchased an adobe licence for me, I will not be installing or recommending any adobe product while this practice continues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These abusive companies must be sanctioned with our rejection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never recommend installing Adobe products, I currently use another PDF editing program and everything is OK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If this problem is experienced in a Micrososft environment, keep in mind that Microsoft installer files (.msi) are responsible for holding the necessary information to install, repair or delete programs.

That said, none of the methods suggested here in this post will work unless the original .msi package that was used to install Acrobat is executed to remove the undesired Acrobat program version.

In addition , there instances in which users downloaded an offline installer for Adobe Reader and another installer for Adobe Acrobat or perhaps even install it using the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app.

Both of Adobe Reader and Adobe Acrobat Pro share many of the same software dependencies which occasionally run into conflicts; specially when they are installed in parallel.

In short, only the original .msi package that was used to install a particular version of Acrobat has the appropriate instructions to uninstall itself, no other method.

You must find where that msi. was downloaded to and execute it from whichever directory  it's in in order to deploy the appropriate uninstall wizard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! You can disable and delete this service in TASK SCHEDULER and then delete the ADOBE folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines