• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ghost fields in fields list of fillable form that cannot be interacted with

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a form that uses some hidden page templates to add additional tables to a fillable form in case the person filling it out needs more rows for what they are reporting.  I have the JS spawn command attached to a button.  The tables have form fields on them.  I have it set to rename the fields as well (bRename: true).  In testing my form while in Prepare Form mode, I go into Preview and try out the button. After I add the table successfully, I go back to edit.  The new page does not go away so I delete it from the page thumbnail viewer on the left of the window.  The fields that were renamed and created, continue to show up on the list of fields (right side of acrobat window while in Prepare Form).  I cannot delete them, I click on them and nothing happens (unlike others that go to that field in the document), nothing happens when I right-click on them.  What is going on here?  I don't want to create unstable forms.  I don't want the ghost fields to cause any issues.  I had a page go bad filled with fields I could not do anything with....I hope I don't have to start over.  

UPDATE

Adding shared links.

See page 14 (I saved with hidden templates visible).  Many fields on form, only button shows in list.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GPF1_ITXyykhfyE95rUB_YNaXM-g-eNe/view?usp=sharing

Sort field list alpha.  Scroll to "P".  Note P13, P16, P6, P7, all fields that show in list, but not on form.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BvkR9W6zKh5-GkHjgmysBCVaM8A-BpX2/view?usp=sharing

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

I had a look at the file. This sometimes happens when the fields get corrupt. The only way to get rid of them is to either flatten the page(s) where they appear or redact them. The latter preserves the other fields on the page, but is more complicated to do when there are many fields, like in your case. The former is easier, but then you'll have to re-create (or copy from an earlier version) the other fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are the fields on the hidden Template page. You have to make it visible in order to edit them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @try67, thank you for the pointer.  I have ensured that all the hidden templates are visible.  I still have fields that are 'ghosts'; as in, they appear in the list of fields, but there is nothing I can do with them, action-wise.  There are also groups of fields (when sorted alphabetically) listed under a header that references an added page (I think this is part of the rename = true command, but the added pages have been deleted....why do the fields stay in the form?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the actual file with us?

You can attach it to the original message using the tiny paperclip icon at the bottom when you edit it, or upload it to a file-sharing website (like Dropbox, Google Drive, Adobe Cloud, etc.), generate a share link and then post it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a look at the file. This sometimes happens when the fields get corrupt. The only way to get rid of them is to either flatten the page(s) where they appear or redact them. The latter preserves the other fields on the page, but is more complicated to do when there are many fields, like in your case. The former is easier, but then you'll have to re-create (or copy from an earlier version) the other fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again, @try67.  Thank you so much for your help and guidance.  Early on in the document creation, I had an issue where I could not delete an added page as it was 'in use'.  I expect that is where the corruption started.  I can also see all the extra ghost fields in the 'pick fields for a calculation' window.  So far they don't seem to be causing any bad things to happen.  I may just leave them for now.  I will look into the redaction bit as I don't have an earlier version to copy from per the flattening option you mention.  Again, thank you so much, and all the best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By earlier version I just meant the one before flattening it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines