• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GlobalSign GCC R6 AATL CA additional PIN required for M1 Mac on Monterey?

Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting an additional PIN request for making digital signatures with a usb token on an M1 Mac running the latest version of adobe on MacOS Monterey.  The following display box is the additional request that I only get on MacOS Monterey (windows 10 and MacOS Big Sur do not require this).

Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 4.05.55 PM.png

 The PIN is not my computer admin password, adobe password, or my token password.  Please advise what this PIN is or how to reset.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Hi @dakiser1 ,

Could you please try to follow below steps and let us know if this helps.

• Go to Acrobat and open Preferences.
  • Select General from category
  • uncheck the checkbox " Enable native OS Mode for Optimal perforance" and click on OK
  • Restart Acrobat and try the same workflow again.

Thanks,

Prashant.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Prashant,

Thank you very much.  This suggestion of disabling the Native OS Mode for Optimal Performance has resolved the issue.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Good news.  I loaded the public beta for MacOS 13 Ventura yesterday and the ability to use the token has returned.  I am no longer being prompted for the PIN.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Hi guys,

After several attempts posted here, I can tell you that the only option that worked is the one with uninstalling and then installing the certificate in Adobe. The steps for this can be seen here:

https://www.certsign.ro/en/support/error-when-signing-pdfs-with-adobe-acrobat-reader-dc/

The title of the article does not strictly refer to this error, but it definitely solves it.

Greetings,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have successfully signed documents again using the token without needing the PIN after an update to Ventura 13.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recent Ventura 13.3 (a) security update appears to have brought the PIN problem back.  There was also an adobe update I was not installing, but after the 13.3a update the PIN requirement came back and updating the adobe software did not fix the problem.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2023-05-10 at 21.03.30.pngConfirmed on my side as well. Was working perfectly prior to the OS update. Will continue to monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it working again. I use Globalsign so I went and redownloaded the latest safenet drivers. If you use a different provider for your AATL certificate, best to check with them.

(https://support.globalsign.com/ssl/ssl-certificates-installation/safenet-drivers#MAC%20OS)

The download I used was for Mac OS Monterey GlobalSign SAC MAC v10.8 R1.

The package included a few items, I installed ccid-installer.dmg (appears to be token drivers) and the larger safenet client. (Not core)

Screenshot 2023-05-10 at 21.32.48.png

After installing those, I opened up a document and attempted to sign. The password box showed up again and no pin was ever asked for. Success! I'll be keeping the installer handy just in case a future update kills this again.

Screenshot 2023-05-10 at 21.35.21.png

As a side note, it appears to work in native M1 mode. So feel free to keep it checkmarked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2023 May 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your feedback regarding re-installing the drivers, but I just tried this and it did not work.  

• re-installed SafeNetAuthenticationClient.10.8.66.0.dmg
  • re-installed ccid-installer.dmg
  • rebooted system

I noticed your screenshot does not show the latest (a) security updated for MacOS.  This is when the problem came back for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

After several attempts posted here, I can tell you that the only option that worked is the one with uninstalling and then installing the certificate in Adobe. The steps for this can be seen here:

https://www.certsign.ro/en/support/error-when-signing-pdfs-with-adobe-acrobat-reader-dc/

The title of the article does not strictly refer to this error, but it definitely solves it.

Greetings,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2023 May 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Mihai.  Following this process revealed that my certificate was logged out.  I thought I had checked this before, but I overlooked that the macOS update may have logged it out.  I will make sure to always check the certificate is logged in, but it is strange that I don't get routed to this automatically when trying to sign, it would be much simpler to keep up with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines