• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

gotham light font pdf issue

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When a word document with the front Gotham light is converted to a pdf, I am unable to select any of the text in the PDF (copy & paste) - it seems that the text may have converted into an image and created the PDF?

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jatzn,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Please let us know how exactly you have created the PDF from the Word document.

It would be helpful if you can share the exact workflow you do to create PDF.

As you have mentioned above, you are using the Gotham Light font in the Word document.

Did you embed the font in the document?

Would it be possible to share any sample document with us?

To share the document, please refer to the steps provided here How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud

Please let us know if you are using the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC or Acrobat DC.

Share the version of the application. Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

We would be waiting for your response.

Let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi,

The issue is:

1) I create a word document and type something using the GOTHAM LIGHT font.

2) I save the document as a PDF file type.

3) I open the PDF file and the text is changed to an image format so i cannot copy the text from the PDF file.

When i use any other font on word and save the file as a pdf, i am able to copy the text from the pdf document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi,

The issue is:

3) I open the PDF file and the text is changed to an image format so i cannot copy the text from the PDF file.

When i use any other font on word and save the file as a pdf, i am able to copy the text from the pdf document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have been asked to identify the workflow you used to generate the PDF file from Word. You haven't done that!!!

If you are actually using Word on Windows and simply saving as PDF via Microsoft's own PDF creation facility, the answer to you question is very simple. Microsoft's PDF creation is very buggy and has problems with certain types of fonts, especially OpenType CFF fonts (as opposed to TrueType and OpenType TrueType fonts), in which case it rasterizes text.

If you have Adobe Acrobat installed as use the Save as Adobe PDF function or the Create Adobe PDF function from the ribbon, the font problems should not occur!

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi,

The issue is:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines