• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

having trouble coverting pdf line drawings to jpg with the highest quality

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a patent illustrator. I work exclusively in pdf's. A client asked me to send a set of drawings as jpg's. I purchased acrobat pro, and ran a conversion to jpg. All of the drawings that are b&w came out stepped (pixelated) with shadow artifacts. Is there any way to conver pdf to jpg and keep the same resolution and not create ghosting?

vs.jpg

 

TOPICS
PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When saving as PDF, click the Settings button.

image.png

Set high resolution. That's the best you can do -- raster files of line art won't look as smooth as vector line art.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your reply. I now know I cannot use acrobat to save as .jpg. They look terrible. I found a way to do it through my CAD software.
Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you using JPEG if you want high-quality images? Use a lossless format, such as PNG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When exporting PDF from Illustrator, available lossless formats are JPEG2000 and Zip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are using Acrobat, though. Illustrator is the name of the profession, not the application they're using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah ah, I still need to improve my English.

You make my day!

😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happens to the best of us! I'm not a native English speaker, either... 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because the European patent rules require drawings sumitted specifically as a pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because the European patent rules require drawings sumitted specifically as a jpg, not a pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines