• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having trouble with strange word spacing in Adobe Acrobat.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've noticed I'm having weird issues with word spacing on some lines in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. It doesn't matter how many words I type, it'll randomly pick lines to space out. Tried to fix the alignment but it didn't help at all. Also tried to fix character and line spacing, didn't help. I've attached a photo I know its not good quality but I've underlined the weirdly spaced words, any help is appreciated!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does you fill form fields?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does you enter the text in form fields?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Edit Text tool of  Acrobat Pro does not handle Center Align texts very well, you should use the Left Align.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any Adobe programs which would be better suited? I prefer the way it looks personally and the left align still has the same issues 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You really should not be editing PDF files in this way. They were never meant to be edited extensively.

Go back to the original file format, make the changes there, and then create a new PDF file from it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, what should this program be used for then if not to edit PDFs by fixing up text? Bit confused that's all. Have always used it to write and edit PDFs!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create documents with Adobe InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No program. You should not be editing PDF files directly in this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any Adobe programs which would be better suited? I prefer the way it looks personally and the left align still has the same issues

The best way for editing text in Acrobat Pro is:

- select the text as a box using the Edit tool

- right-click on the the stroke and choose: Edit with Illustrator

- when you are done with Illustrator: Save, and Close.

Edits are instantly visible in the PDF.

Capture_86.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've stumbled on this thread while looking for a solution to the exact same problem.

I've just found that if I copy the text with the weird word spacing then paste it in over itself (i.e. select text, hit Ctrl+C, hit Ctrl+V), the word spacing is corrected. 

I'm guessing that Acrobat gets confused when you're making word-by-word edits within a block of text, but can automatically space larger blocks of  text evenly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked like a charm!  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I've been working on one line in my book for over an hour to fix it and this is all it needed! Now, if I can just remember this for next time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, fixes the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how you figured this out but it works! Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2023 Jul 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did this and it worked perfectly. However, I took it one step further because I was afraid of the original text somehow showing through (weird things DO happen), so I went Command+X then Command+V. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines