Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help finding my custom dynamic stamp.

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using Acrobat Pro DC 2015 Release Classic (version 2015.006.30306) on Windows 7 Enterprise (service pack 1) with a company provided laptop. My issue is that I am not able to find the new stamp file that I created. I have followed these steps:

- From stamps icon > custom stamps > create > browse (used a Word doc I designed) > put it in a custom category and gave stamp name > Ok (created stamp)

From this point is where I have trouble. I know I have to find the file that Adobe created for my new stamp to edit it and make it a dynamic stamp, but I am not able to find/view that file. I have tried the following approaches:

1) I used this javascript command - app.getPath ("user", "stamps"); - and followed the path that was displayed, but the stamp file is not there.

2) I also found the name of the stamp file by using this javascript command - this.selectedAnnots[0].AP - and searched my computer for that file name, but still no file           is found.

Does anyone have any ideas as to where the file is or why I cannot view the file? My best guess now is that it may be because I am not an adminstrator for the network and have limited access to some files.

Thank you all in advance for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stamps can be either in the application level stamp folder (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 2015\Acrobat\plug_ins\Annotations\Stamps and it's subdirectories), or in the user level folder (something like C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\2015\Stamps for your version of Acrobat). The filename is not necessarily what you see as the AP property. You need to check all PDF files you find in the stamp directories until you find your stamp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding to Karl's answer, if you sort the files by date it should be the most recent file created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you able to figure out where the custom stamps were on your work computer? Because I am on my work computer and have the same exact issue. 

I tried to replies below and my custom stamps are in neither location. 

I have stamps in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 2015\Acrobat\plug_ins\Annotations\Stamps location, but my new stamps are not being saved here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For Acrobat 2015 look at C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\2015\Stamps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines