• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help problem printing pdf in acrobat but not any other pdf reader include EDGE

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have pdf from my telco been printing fine , but past few months i have been unable to print them out with acrobat, i tried reinstall acrobat, tried print as image, tried disable local font, almost everything including preflight method, all fails. but if i open the file in Libre office, Microsoft Edge, both of them print fine. 

What am i missing? i attached a sample of the problem pdf. Please help, i spend 6 hours to figuring this but fails.

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is how it looks like if i print out with acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be a font related problem. You can often work around this by activating the [print as image] option in the printing dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i tried it, even print preview shows the same gebberish output, i tested physical print as print as image its end up the same, hence i seek help here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Weirdest of all, all other pdf reader and editor i tried has no issues only acrobat , why is it so? i tried every possible settings in the prefferences, none of them works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @William27825359h679 

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF and check.

Are you able to view the PDF fine via Acrobat?

What is the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.3.20281 (Mac) or 22.3.20282 (Win) installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Please check for any missing/pending updates for the printer driver and firmware and try updating it.

Also, please go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-pdf-printing-acrobat-reader.html and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. PDF files from my telco bill are only effected.
2. Acrobat reader able to read the file perfectly fine just when you print preview or print it physically it appear all gebberish font.
3. Tested the same file on All other pdf reader works fine, read fine, print fine, preview print fine, only acrobat reader has issues.
3. Acrobat reader is the latest version automated updated.
4. Tried repair, reinstall , reboot, clean install , its the same.
5. Printer works fine, on latest driver, works flawlessly on every other apps.
6. Problems is only with Acrobat readers and files from my telco, its seems im force to abandoned acrobat from now on, im using microsoft edge and libre office from now on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines