Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hidden images showing on pdf in Apple Preview

Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

i have produced a catalogue in indesign and exported as an interactive pdf. It has images that are opened via buttons but hidden until the button is clicked. 
when I view the pdf in Apple preview or iBooks all the hidden images are seen on top of my catalogue page.

what can I do to stop this, it looks fine in acrobat. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

It is well established that apple preview does not follow the public domain PDF standard. In fact, apple preview will actually damage PDF files when they close the open file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is well established that apple preview does not follow the public domain PDF standard. In fact, apple preview will actually damage PDF files when they close the open file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi all. Thanks for the replies, I have recently upgraded to the latest iOS which is when the problem started, fine before that. I will contact Apple and see what they say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As its name suggests, Apple Preview (aka "The PDF killer") is just a previewer, for PDF as PSD or XLS files. But don't expect a previewer to have the same functionnalties than Acrobat, Photoshop or Excel.

iBooks is not a PDF viewer nor a PDF previewer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines