• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Highlight Default Unlock

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I highlight text the highlighted properties are automatically locked. I need to change it so that it does not automatically lock so I can delete/change whatever, to the highlighted text without having to go into preferences for every single highlight. Is this possible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019
So think i figured it out--it didn't have a default so it was automatically setting it to locked when used until a default setting was added. Go figure.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019
Did you mean that once you highlighted a word, you were able to right-click on it, then select "Properties" and then select "Make Current Properties Default"?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Create a highlight, then right-click it and select Properties:

try67_0-1631182106659.png

Then in the dialog that opens untick the Locked check-box and tick the Make Properties Default box and click OK:

try67_1-1631182404712.png

Any highlight you create after that should not be locked by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023
  1. Open any document
  2. highlight any word
  3. right click the highlighted word
  4. click properties
  5. unselect "locked"
  6. select "Make this Default"
  7. Click Save & Exit the document (MUST) 
  8. Reopen any document and now the highlight feature is officially defaulted as "Unlock"

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I don't understand your question very well, but is your Acrobat is up to date to reflect the latest version?

The reason I'm asking is because I am wondering if you are using the correct slection tool, for example.

Are you using the hand tool (little hand icon of your mouse pointer) or the actual selection tool (the arrow icon mouse pointer)?

Since you mentioned that you have to go through "Edit"---"Preferences" to be able to highlight text , Some options were added in the last optional update that was published on 22 August; it has an option under "General" category that allows the user to make the hand tool select text and images.

Maybe... just maybe... you have not selected this option, otherwise all you have to do (if you don't wish to use the hand tool) just click on the "selection tool"  in the toolbar ribbon and that should do.

If that does not work I ran out suggestions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the Highlight tool under the comments tool to highlight with my mouse. After I click the Highlight tool button it is neither the hand nor the mouse but the typing indicator. After highlighting whatever I needed if I want to change colour, delete the highlight or any edit to the highlighted portion I have to right click the highlighted words, Right Click - Select Properties and in the bottom left corner the checkmark box for LOCKED is always checked. I remember older versions i could always choose to go in and check LOCKED instead of it being auto-locked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess my question is how do I turn off Auto-lock on my highlight tool settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So think i figured it out--it didn't have a default so it was automatically setting it to locked when used until a default setting was added. Go figure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good deal! I'm glad that you were able to figure it out. Can you share a screen shot for the benefit of the community and see how you accomplished that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you mean that once you highlighted a word, you were able to right-click on it, then select "Properties" and then select "Make Current Properties Default"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you turn off the automatic autolock? I, too, don't want to have to go the same process for each highlight. Could you or someone else in the intrawebs screenshot or show specifically how to do this. Thanks in advance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a highlight, then right-click it and select Properties:

try67_0-1631182106659.png

Then in the dialog that opens untick the Locked check-box and tick the Make Properties Default box and click OK:

try67_1-1631182404712.png

Any highlight you create after that should not be locked by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  1. Open any document
  2. highlight any word
  3. right click the highlighted word
  4. click properties
  5. unselect "locked"
  6. select "Make this Default"
  7. Click Save & Exit the document (MUST) 
  8. Reopen any document and now the highlight feature is officially defaulted as "Unlock"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines