• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I adjust the character spacing when creating a PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro?

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're using Adobe Acrobat Pro for Mac to create editable PDF templates, but cannot figure out how to adjust the spacing between characters. The option is not available in the format toolbox where I would expect to find it.

Thanks in advance for any help!

WechatIMG9559.jpeg

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not an option. You are not expected to do what you are doing. Editing is a desperate last tool, not a normal way to make stuff.

Make your form templates in your normal app and save a PDF. Start from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know what measurement units the 'Line Spacing', 'Paragraph Spacing After', 'Horizontal Spacing', and 'Character Spacing' measure in? Is there a theory or mathematical equation for the conversion process? I'm trying to convert this information into InDesign and I'm having difficulties doing so.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Acrobat tool are you reading these figures from, in which version? Don't expect to be able to match Acrobat's haphazard typesetting in InDesign!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Version 2020.009.20067

I am realizing it. Is there any way of converting them or is there a better alternative?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a windows machine (assuming acrobat should be simillar to a mac version) , you can go to scanned documents section on the editting tab, click on settings and tick on "Use Available system fonts", click ok and the space between letters should work fine now.

Jimmy24914861di74_0-1655510257235.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines