• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I embed a PDF into gmail

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2016 Aug 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone, I have a PDF I created on Illustrator, I sent  it to Adobe Acrobat to add the links and the last details, but now I need to embed the PDF onto a gmail email I'm sending out. Do you have any suggestions?

[Moving from the non-support, general, all-of-Adobe forum lounge to a product-specific support forum - Mod]

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 25, 2016 Aug 25, 2016

This is not possible. You can attach the PDF file to the email.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2016 Aug 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not possible. You can attach the PDF file to the email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a NON-Answer. Nathalie asked specifically: “I need to embed the PDF onto a gmail”.

She wants it to appear like a Constant Contact email or Mail Chimp email where the body is based on the PDF both in function and aesthetically.  To asnwer this correctly is to say that Gmail does not allow that function at this time. They suggest converting the PDF to a jpeg and placing that into the body of the email or just attaching it.

The problem with placing it as a jpeg is that any interactiveity programmed into the PDF is lost and it is also not ADA compliant since readers for web browsers can’t read text that has been converted into an image. If it is an attachment, you get less clicks to read whatever information is contained within the PDF. Less than 15% on average.

I realize gmail is only one mail server but this issue exists across many email platforms Including Outlook. Essentially everyone is looking for the poorman’s Constant Contact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not possible to do that in Gmail. You can ask the Google developers to add this feature. It has nothing to do with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The response as given was absolutely correct. The protocols for HTML e-mail don't provide for this.

I have seen some instances where one or another Apple e-mail clients will in fact make it appear as if an attached PDF file is in the body of the e-mail text, but that is not standard and you cannot count on that working consistently or anywhere else.

Constant Contact or Mail Chimp may allow PDF as input to their bulk mailing, but the resultant HTML e-mail doesn't have any PDF content whatever. It is converted to HTML and/or raster image.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, because it didn't answer the question. The correct answer is "It's not possible to do that in Gmail." It'd be like asking "Is it safe to drink motor oil?" and getting the answer "You can drink water." The statement is true, but it doesn't answer the question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> The correct answer is "It's not possible to do that in Gmail."

That was literally the first line of the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a screen shot of the pdf if it fits the screen and paste as image into body of gmail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a great work around since you still can't embed a PDF in gmail.  Do a Print Screen (ctrl & prt scrn) of your PDF and paste it into Windows Paint.  Crop the image to elimitate the desktop banners etc that you don't want included and save the document as a JPEG.  I have sent numerous event flyers through GMail using this method and it looks professional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, you can do that, but what if someone wants to search the file? They can't do that in a JPEG.

Or print it (in decent quality)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I used to really like Outlook - used it for decades. Then GMail came along
and it's web portability trumped Outlook, but its features are crap.
Alan

*Alan Timberlake*
*902 225-4944*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines