• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I find my permissions password

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Sir I have version of Acrobat Pro DC but have mislaid my permissions password. Is it possible to find out what it was. If not can I purchase a new version and get a new permissions password.  Thanks you,  Robert F Salamonsen

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

The permissions password is part of a PDF file. It isn’t part of your Acrobat or of your system.  No Adobe software will help you if you lose it, or never has it (someone else’s file).

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The permissions password is part of a PDF file. It isn’t part of your Acrobat or of your system.  No Adobe software will help you if you lose it, or never has it (someone else’s file).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded the Pro version. There was nothing about a permission password and now I can´t open any files. Where can I find this password, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ana,

I think you might be confusing two different things: a password is something that is associated with a document. You need the password to open that individual file (the same password can be attached to multiple files depending on the whim of the PDF creator).

If you downloaded a new copy of Acrobat (or about any software for that matter), you need a serial number to access the application's functionality. Adobe software is now a bit unique in that you purchase a release from the Adobe Creative Cloud application that will let you open specific application(s).

Lastly, there is no software available that will automatically let you open all password protected documents.

Does any of that help you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, where is this serial number? I wasn't given any permissions password. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The permission password was chosen when the files were made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not. After I create a document and sign it never has it asked me to set a password. When I need to make changes - it won't let me until I enter a password that I didn't set for my document. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find an answer to this as I am having the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can't change a signed document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines